• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Having issues with a new computer build with GTX 480

Associate
I'm using the same Samsung TV and VGA cable but with my new computer with its GTX 480 the image gets blurry on any other resolution than 1920x1080 and even say when I change a games resolution to 1280x768 and then I manualy check the TV resolution and its say its 1360x768 :confused:, never did this with my old build with a radeon 4850.

Even when its not blurry at 1920x1080p the color contrast and vividness looks lworse than my old radeon 4850. Surely this cant be normal? I mean its a GTX 480 and that was a radeon 4850.

Can ayone tell me how fix these two problems. Never had issues with my TV with the old 4850 and no settings of the TV have been messed with.

Soldato
Your TV isn't meant to be a PC gamin screen. VGA isn't ideal either. That's half the issue I'd say. A lot of people report that AMD have more vibrant colours but the difference is said to be minimal. But a poorly calibrated TV isn't going to help either. Try recalibrating it. It is going to look blurry at a non-native resolution - the number of pixels compared to the screen size won't be a good ratio hence the blur.

Soldato
the trouble with your resolution is that your TV is 'overscanning', your output res is lower than the actual native on your TV, this causes stretching and so on,

try to adjust over scan with nvidia control panel, there is a setting in there, i know because i use it, i have to adjust all my media centres that are hooked up to TV's

as for gaming on a TV? IMHO its garbage

Associate
OP
Your TV isn't meant to be a PC gamin screen. VGA isn't ideal either. That's half the issue I'd say. A lot of people report that AMD have more vibrant colours but the difference is said to be minimal. But a poorly calibrated TV isn't going to help either. Try recalibrating it. It is going to look blurry at a non-native resolution - the number of pixels compared to the screen size won't be a good ratio hence the blur.

Its not the TV's issue as I said I had a Radeon 4850 in my old system and it had none of these issues hooked up with the very same vga vable.

In gray games such as GTA 4 and BF3 it is not noticable but in colorful games such as Star Wars Battlefront 2 it sure is.

I was promised better drivers and support with nvidia but now im wishing I had stayed with AMD had nothing but headache i mean was Jen-Hsun Huang smoking crack up his ass WHAT THE **** WHERE THEY THINKING!!

Back
Top Bottom