Having trouble with the backrest on my Vertagear PL6000 Rev. 2

Associate
I just got a carbon black Vertagear P-Series PL6000 Rev. 2 chair from Massdrop a few days ago. It came in a huge heavy box. Everything was going fine with the assembly until I had to put the backrest on. There are 4 holes you have to line up and put large bolts through. One of the holes absolutely refused to line up properly. It was the top one on the left side (if you're sitting in the chair and facing out).

I had to get another person to push down on the backrest as hard as she could so I could try and get the bolt through. I was able to, but it was still at an angle and didn't go in easy. As a consequence the backrest is tilted to one side because one side is lower than the other. The chair also makes a very loud noise when adjusting the tilt angle of the backrest. I don't know if that's normal or not. Also, some of the bolts are not flush with the fabric material and I'm afraid eventually they will rip into the fabric.

Other than this very bad issue I really like the chair. It looks dope as hell and is firm, but still comfortable. It glides really smoothly and silently. The lumbar pillow however seems useless to me. It's very bulky and firm and I can't get it to stay where I want it. It would be better if the backrest simply had an adjustable lumbar section like the Maxnomic Office Comfort series does.

http://imgur.com/a/WoEL3

Associate
I had to use some WD40 to get my bolts in. Also, if the holes aren't lined up properly then it's impossible to screw the bolts all the way in.
You could try sitting on the lumbar cushion, to soften up the dense foam.

Associate
OP
I finally figured out why that one hole won't line up. It's because the metal bar in the sleeve on the left side of the backrest is too far in. It's about an inch or an inch and a half too far in compared to the other side. I contacted Massdrop/Vertagear to get a replacement since there is no way I can fix that. I tried pulling the metal bar further out, but it won't budge.

Back
Top Bottom