Having trouble with used first PC bought.

Associate
Hello there,

I am relatively new to PC gaming, having first did some when I was around 13 years old 12 years ago, then stopping and moving to console for most of my life. I have now bought a used gaming PC that was extremely cheap and the best specs I could get for the money.

I have been having problems with the PC hanging and completely freezing on what ever is on the display at the time, which will require a hard reboot via the case button. After doing some research, I realised it may be a power issue. I found a video where a guy talks about the same problem and he disabled the amd turbo feature on his PC and it never froze again. I did this last night and the vcore dropped to about 1.238 and the core VID was 1.3. The computer ran good I believe for about 24 hours. I did a long stint on World of Warcraft and no freezing occurred. However, I did use AMD overdrive to make these changes and cant remember if I rebooted the PC so these settings may have reverted back to their problematic values, which caused the PC to freeze again just as I thought I had fixed it for good.

So I went into the Bios today and disabled and fiddled around with some settings. I set vcore to regular, amd turbo off, Load Line Calibration to extreme, cool and quiet mode off, and any other power setting savings turned off.

I just want to achieve a stability with my system and don't want it to freeze up on me again. Can anyone help me with the bios settings to achieve that? what should be my values etc? Many thanks

Specs are:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+

• CPU: AMD FX 8350 4GHz 8-Core Processor

• PSU: Corsair VS 650 W 80+ Certified ATX Power

• System Memory: 8GB Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2*4 GB) DD3 - 1600 CL9 Memory

• GPU (VBIOS): MSI Radeon r9 390x 8gb gaming

• OS (Version): Windows 10 pro x64

Back
Top Bottom