1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawaii Five-0

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by Sonea Fifer, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

Is anyone else watching this remade version of the 70's classic cop show?

We're now well into the 3rd series (depending on where you're watching it) and while I'll admit the four main actors are quite good, have good chemistry and seem to work well together. It just seems to be really dragging it heels lately:

Since the Wo Fat thing seems to have died a death and we now know exactly who Shelburne is it seems like every episode is now nothing more than a "filler episode" and it doesn't seem to be going in any direction at all. :confused:

And don't get me started on the utterly blatant product placement with huge adverts during the episode for everything from Windows 8 to Subway takeaways! :o

And, has anyone else noticed the gorgeous Grace Park seems to love saying the word "So" before pretty much every sentence? It makes her look like a complete retard! :mad:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

has season 3 started already? Didnt even realise!

The shows ok, it works best when its got a decent arch to it and gets a bit gritty/dark I find. Though those episodes are in the minority and it generally ends up being episode of the week/pure tripe.

still il have to look into season 3 - but im sure its more of the same.

Its shocking that Grace Park went from highly acclaimed role to this pile of doo doo, that requires zero acting skills.

3. SB118

Sgarrista

On the other hand, there's a much better chance of seeing her in a bikini in this show, so it's not all bad.

4. doodah

Capodecina

It's a fun show, you don't really need to invest much into watching it. Steve's mum really annoys me though!

5. explicit4u

Sgarrista

Everything but her face is a bit meh.

6. Cosimo

Man of Honour

I've watched seasons 1&2. It's silly, fun and not a bad way to spend an hour (42 mins) relaxing. Season 3 hits Sky One on the 6th January at 9:00pm.

7. boxman2000

Mobster

I think it's quite a good show for what it is. Product placement does make me laugh - everyone drives Chevrolet apparently and everyone is using Windows 8 of course!

I do agree with above that the series seems to have lost its way a bit but no doubt it will carry on for a few more seasons as I think it's reminiscent of good old '80's shows like A Team and Knight Rider - turn your brain off sort of watching.

8. Temi_D

Wise Guy

Good show, it's hard to believe that 'Kono' is 38 IRL!

9. robgmun

Capodecina

It's awful now. It was never better then ok and the only really excellent episodes were the first and last ones of season 1. I'm personally dropping the show now

10. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

I dropped it , see no reason to watch it at all.
    if I want to watch G.Park semi naked il just use Google. ;)

11. Cosimo

Man of Honour

Watched S3 P1 this evening. So much for the continuing story as I lost interest half way through that. Might not get past another episode.

12. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I like it. It's fun, non serious, turn your brain off and enjoy police action.

13. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Yeah i agree.. The product placement is coming in alot more lately. Bones is having some silly car product placements, NCIS/LA is dripping in windows 8 placement as well. I guess its because alot of people are now downloading so they factor that if they are not watching the adverts/breaks you cant get away from it if its in the show.

That said though its a fun show and i think they will have a push towards the end of the series to cliffhanger for the next, as usual.

14. bsoltan

Mobster

I agree, it is a show I look forward to watching week to week. There are quite a few big story arcs that they could open up should they wish but I prefer it when there are just stand alone episodes too.

I just wish Michelle Borth was more of a regular. :D

15. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

Having watched the most recently aired episode (25-03-2013) it would appear you've got your wish bsoltan as the stunningly beautiful Michelle looked every bit the part in her bikini given the very small part she played in this particular episode. :p

They're still blatantly plugging many products from Windows 8 to Chevrolet but I have to admit I actually quite enjoyed this most recent episode and thought the side story of the (30+ stone) Kamekona gaining his pilots license was quite amusing. Now if only the equally gorgeous Grace Park would stop saying "so" before every line she's been scripted she wouldn't look like such a **** tard!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  16. Cosimo

Man of Honour

There has definitely been a change of direction in this series and it has got better as it’s progressed. Decent storylines and much less of the Keystone cops that we had in previous series.

17. 4T5

Man of Honour

Book'em Danno !!!

I'll Never watch the remake as the Original is a childhood memory I don't want to spoil.

18. Cosimo

Man of Honour

Just play the original theme before you watch each episode and you'll be fine....

:D

19. Castiel

Capo Crimine

I used to love the original, and I love the remake......kono is definitely better looking these days though...;)

20. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

Agreed - since I stared this thread three months ago the series does appear to have found its feet and is entertaining if anything else. :)

4T5, you have good taste in cars (you have the MX5 - right?) - give it a try (see above) you might actually like it. :p

Without a shadow of a doubt I agree :D