Hazro 24" S-IPS, micro review + chat

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have been in London all day so not had chance to unpack the monitor until now, and OH MY GOD! it oozes quality from the all aluminium shell to the out of the box brightness and colour, it's very comfy to the eyes at the default 68b/68c but for a nice neutral feel I dropped the brightness by 10 and it's awesome.

I doubt calibration will make a huge difference like it did with the VA panels, I can tell just from looking at it alone but will do so anyway as soon as the Macbeth Eye-One arrives tomorrow.

S-IPS forever :D

The Hazro has:

- No backlight bleed at all - the pic below showing the backlight, may look like there is some but that's the reflection from my blinds, darkened as best possible in the room though!
- No gradient banding
- The world famous "IPS effect" - there's a kid of twinkling effect when moving around the screen not something that affects photo editing or usage though, only visible on an all black screen.
- No input lag, well it's the same as the Dell 2007WFP so it's good :)
- A dust magnet! hehe
- Likely to get peoples fingers chopped off by the owner if they put another finger print on the bezel >_<
- Gets warm to the touch all over thanks to the Aluminium case transferring heat out instead of blasting it into your face through the front like the BenQ did!

Pics:

pc_TFT_Hazro_front1.jpg

pc_TFT_Hazro_back.jpg

pc_TFT_Hazro_outofboxcolours.jpg

pc_TFT_Hazro_backlight.jpg

pc_TFT_Hazro_buttons.jpg

pc_TFT_Hazro_desktop.jpg

pc_TFT_Hazro_brushed.jpg

Watched some Diehard4 in HD too which was great, no issues in movies at all.

Will be playing some TF2 later on tonight to see what gaming is like but am in no rush as I know it's going to be awesome!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
440 notes at the moment! they said prices go up and down every week though, I probably had the most expensive week :/ lol

Having convinced me that the Benq was the 24" monitor to buy , I have ordered one (due tomorow).

How much of am improvement is your new Hasro ?

Must admit I like the look of it:D

Don't get me wrong though, the BenQ is awesome once calibrated to your preference! I just got a duff one with BL bleeding and a strange buzzing sound (remember I had 3 dell 2007wfps too until I got a good copy!) so rather than chance it again I just went straight for the Hazro and first time lucky!

For ease of use on the eyes the Hazro is defo better than all 3 previous VA based 24" screens I would say :)

Associate
Thanks for the pics and mini review mrk, I think the images speak volumes as you can see the quality of the unit and panel.

By all accounts it seems to be a winner and from other purchasers of the Hazro on here, i'd doubt there will be any problems with gaming (30ms was mentioned).

- Is there any audible noise from the unit?

- Is the restrictive height adjustment an issue?

Congratulations on your purchase, it does look the part - so, do you think this one will be a keeper? ;)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the pics and mini review mrk, I think the images speak volumes as you can see the quality of the unit and panel.

By all accounts it seems to be a winner and from other purchasers of the Hazro on here, i'd doubt there will be any problems with gaming (30ms was mentioned).

Congratulations on your purchase, it does look the part - so, do you think this one will be a keeper? ;)

Defo keeping this one! box is being binned shortly though if it develops a fault then the Hazro swap-out facility should be handy!

To answer you questions though:

There is no audible noise from the monitor whatsoever, the power unit for the monitor is an XBOX360 style brick (but half the size LOL) so any PSU buzzing is kept well away from your ears, saying that though even the PSU brick doesn't buzz.

There is no height adjustment but I knew this before purchasing and thanks to using the other 24" screens I knew this would not be a problem as the screen size of 24" is huge and minimises any height issues for the majority of people that are similar height as myself (I am 5ft 8in)

Associate
Good stuff.

All the boxes are being ticked here - I may have to get myself one of these as there isn't anything on the market that can be compared to the Hazro - 24" / IPS / <£500 :).

The height adjustment may be an issue with me as i'm 6ft2in but if thats my only gripe, its something i can deal with.

Keep us updated to any changes / issues :).

Soldato
I love the look of that screen just a solid allu black.

Good to hear about the lag/gaming aspect cos I never trused loko;)

I knew it looked a winner lets wait and see it on the daily news on Ocuk hopefully soon.

Soldato
Meh... I recognise that monitor now. Could have bought a pre-release pre-mass-production version of one of these for next to nothing last year. Decided it was too much of an unknown :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Do it man do it!

RandomTom, aye it was direct :)

I'm guessing if OCUK buy in bulk then they can give a saving onto the customers so fingers crossed for you guys!

Back
Top Bottom