Hazro Aluminium monitors now available from OcUK!!

Associate
Yeah mate ive looked in there, all profiles appear to be ok...its weird. Perhaps ill try removing absolutely everything to do with ti and puttting it back in. Or a clean install, its been about a year hehe.

Loading images in IE, things are red saturated like they would be due to unmanaged colour and wide gamut monitor..in photoshop they arent, since its colour managed...and just viewing either by double clicking or loading standalone Photo Gallery and opening, its clearly wrong, especially in darker areas the detail just isnt there like the other two and the colours match neither the managed or unmanaged apps. Oh well :p

Man of Honour
I'll do a little test when I get home tonight, I have FF3 now so would e interesting to see if my IE differs to FF and then put browsers, viewers and photoshop side by side to compare the same image - stay tuned!

Associate
If you turn on the colour management then yeah FF should look different...especially on a wide gamut monitor.

I use IE and firefox so I will definitely be liking FF3 hehe...I tried the RC but i went back to 2 because all the plugins i like didnt work hehe...perhaps once those are updated ill switch back to 3.

Man of Honour
Ok here's one with the main viewers showing the (lack of :p) difference between them! they are all the same as Photoshop which is in the background!

pc_TFT_Hazro_vista_vs_ps_vs_vista.jpg

I don't know why but everything on mine is working excellently colour managed!

Edit* Here's the Firefox3 view and Vista view:

pc_TFT_Hazro_vista_vs_firefox3.jpg

No difference!

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, as far as i can tell the viewers both display the same thing...theyre just displaying the wrong thing :D

Using google I have read of some people having issues with WPG displaying incorrect colours, and clearing it by removing their monitors color profile and sticking in a standard profile...seems a bit whack to me, thats what monitors have their own profiles for afterall no? ;)

For now im just gonna leave it, but once my exams are over i think ill screw around with it too see whats what... i might just reinstall to clear away the cobwebs hehe.

Associate
Thing is, your Hazro is only a 72% gamut monitor...so it just wont have the same swing from colour managed to non managed apps that mine does since its wide gamut. eg, compare IE7 and FF3...you prob wont see that much diff, but i will see a lot hehe, reds are especially over saturated with the wide gamut. still doesnt explain what WPG is doing though, as Photoshop can quite happily show what it looks like in IE7 but it certainly cant replicate what WPG is up to heh.

Associate
Yeah i didnt mean it was a bad thing, id prefer to get a standard gamut one heh.

I did buy a standard gamut 24" before i got this, i sent it back because i decided i wanted the 30" afterall (I couldnt decide originally, and i waited for the 3008 and 2408 to come out and both turned out to be kak hehe) and because I simply couldnt put up with the 32ms input lag on it....that ruled out the 3008WFP as its got more like 50-60ms of input lag, so between the rest i opted for the HP LP3065 as its got a 3x dual-dvi switch and ~0-10ms input lag.

It has absolutely no colour controls though....lack of OSD and what not is what gives the prev gen 30's them their low input lag respective to the newer ones.

Associate
So the 23 inch Hazro doesn't support HDCP, eh? The FAQ on the Hazro site says that only the 30 inch version currently supports HDCP.

Although, on the OcUK shop's page for the monitor it says it supports Dual-Link DVI with HDCP... must be a mistake... =\

Soldato
My VESA bracket just arrived today. No time to put it up though.

Just be careful, it's very easy to break the plastic covering on the handle, and once you've removed the supplied stand it's almost impossible to get back on properly again.

Of course, if using this with a Vesa stand that won't be much of a problem!

Associate
Just be careful, it's very easy to break the plastic covering on the handle, and once you've removed the supplied stand it's almost impossible to get back on properly again.

Of course, if using this with a Vesa stand that won't be much of a problem!

thanks for the tips. job for this weekend me thinks. mine is a vesa wall mount.

Associate
I should also mention that the advertised VESA 100x100mm mounting holes do not exist, you require an (optional extra) mounting bracket from Hazro. I'm a little surprised they haven't updated their website or spec sheets yet as they could be setting themselves up for some strife down the line now that they are going to start selling in higher volumes.
I've just spent the best part of an hour trying to unscrew the stand from my 30" hazro, only to find that indeed, the VESA mounting holes do not in fact exist, and it's obvious that an optional extra bracket is required.

It's really not clear at all from the instructions that the VESA bracket is an optional extra - this is really not on. It should be 100% clear that in order to mount a VESA bracket you need a separate Hazro bracket that's not included with the monitor. Quite how they can advertise their monitors as being 'VESA compatible' is beyond me when they're clearly not.

It wouldn't be quite so bad, but the screws in the stand are extremely tight and inacessbile - it's very hard to get a screwdriver in there.

/rant over

Back
Top Bottom