Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

zYx

zYx

Associate
I remember when they told me that one particulat graphics card is compatible with a certain water block - he said yeah yeah - I ended up returning the item, wasting my time.

Associate
Registered just now to voice my frustration with hazro. The delays by themselves show a poorly structured firm which while annoying isn't really our concern. The complete lack of communication and dishonesty with delivery dates however is completely inexcusable. It takes two minutes to leave a post on this forum or add an update to their website to explain what's going on. Also considering their failure to deliver on any of their promised shipment dates and their previous customer service problems, the lack of communication doesn't reassure me that anything's changed under this new management.

The last final final final date we heard was this working week, which is ending in two hours. What I'd like from hazro is order statuses for all three monitors including the 30" which has embarrassingly been listed as 'overdue' on OC for an eternity and some explanation for why the week's ended and there's still no stock.

Associate
I don't think peoples frustration will affect the demand for these monitors too much. The panels are the same as in the imac 27/cinema display 27 which costs over £900 from apple!

Still, if the customer relations are this poor when they're trying to get your money, how will they be when they already have it and your monitor is faulty?

I can just imagine sending a monitor in for RMA and being told I'd get a replacement in "hazro's 2 weeks".

Another interesting point is that the LG panels used in these displays suffer from yellow tinting at the bottom of the monitor when used in the imacs and cinema displays. I've been through 3 cinema display 27"s in order to get one without significant yellow tint. iMac 27's still suffer from this issue (google imac yellow tint).

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, as lovely as these monitors looked, I needed something soon and I must say, the complte lack of info considering how late they are is not very reassuring.

Decided to go with a basic 1920x1200 27" display which did not cost much. Should these eventually come out and bo good, I might consider upgrading, but am not waiting for them.

Associate
A console like a Ps3 or XBox360 cannot output a 2560x1440 video signal - it is limited to 1920x1080 I believe. Hence, without a scaler (to do the interpolation that allows a 1080p signal to be displayed on a 1440p monitor) the HZ27WC would not display a signal from a 1080p console.

Depending on what the HZ27WC LCD controller does it could range from no signal, to the screen being partially filled with the image. I'm guessing the later would happen, otherwise seeing the BIOS bootup and other things would simply not work.

I'm also guessing PS3/Xbox360 output in maximum at 1080p but that's just a guess. After all the PS3 internally uses HDMI 1.3a. Xbox 360 is on HDMI 1.2 so definately no more than 1080p.

Soldato
I don't think peoples frustration will affect the demand for these monitors too much. The panels are the same as in the imac 27/cinema display 27 which costs over £900 from apple!

Still, if the customer relations are this poor when they're trying to get your money, how will they be when they already have it and your monitor is faulty?

I can just imagine sending a monitor in for RMA and being told I'd get a replacement in "hazro's 2 weeks".

Another interesting point is that the LG panels used in these displays suffer from yellow tinting at the bottom of the monitor when used in the imacs and cinema displays. I've been through 3 cinema display 27"s in order to get one without significant yellow tint. iMac 27's still suffer from this issue (google imac yellow tint).

My 27" iMac (mid 2010) has no yellow tint on mine. I guess this might of been with earlier models. ;)

Caporegime
with delays like this you have to worry about the warranty if you do even get it! chances of honouring it? glad i passed on this one

Man of Honour
For those complaining about the lack of hazro posts, when's the last time you saw anyone from dell, Samsung, lg, NEC, Acer etc post on the forums?! At least they have bothered to come here and post some info and answer some questions. I'm sure they've got better things to be doing really. Sure the screens will be here soon too

Associate
For those complaining about the lack of hazro posts, when's the last time you saw anyone from dell, Samsung, lg, NEC, Acer etc post on the forums?! At least they have bothered to come here and post some info and answer some questions. I'm sure they've got better things to be doing really. Sure the screens will be here soon too

Amen.

Associate
If you choose to post on a forum and post misleading information then you have to expect irate responses. Like a previous post mentioned, how long does it take to post information on here. Also to keep people on your side be honest about your situation otherwise it leads to doubt and mistrust, which I imagine is the reason why hazro created this thread, to develop better customer relations. All people want is a realistic ETA.

Associate
If you choose to post on a forum and post misleading information then you have to expect irate responses. Like a previous post mentioned, how long does it take to post information on here. Also to keep people on your side be honest about your situation otherwise it leads to doubt and mistrust, which I imagine is the reason why hazro created this thread, to develop better customer relations. All people want is a realistic ETA.

The guys at Hazro are no fools. Obviously they provide the info that they think is the most possible scenario at the time.

But as very often regarding both software and hardware unexpected problems occur which delay releasedates.

Associate
Why u guys moaning for would u rather they rushed the product out and then have a load of rma's

I'll wait till the 27 inchers come out my g24 will do till then not the end of the world

Associate

Well dell and samsung have no need to post on OC forums because they have websites which they update and issue press releases to explain things. Anyone who thinks I'm being impatient isn't getting what I'm complaining about. If you really don't believe Hazro could have handled this situation better then I don't think you're thinking hard enough, and if this doesn't make you worry even a little about future RMA issues then you're not thinking at all.

Soldato
Well dell and samsung have no need to post on OC forums because they have websites which they update and issue press releases to explain things. Anyone who thinks I'm being impatient isn't getting what I'm complaining about. If you really don't believe Hazro could have handled this situation better then I don't think you're thinking hard enough, and if this doesn't make you worry even a little about future RMA issues then you're not thinking at all.

Samsung rarely includes accurate or specific pricing or release information on such press releases - the same goes for most monitor manufacturers. Case in point; the recent SA750/850/950 monitors. No information regarding specific release date or pricing has been released and frankly it's frustrating. The number of times people have asked me and my colleagues about these models only for us to relay the really unspecific and unhelpful information we've been given is shameful.

Associate
Why u guys moaning for would u rather they rushed the product out and then have a load of rma's

You've obviously not been following this thread since the start. If you had you might understand. We've all been very happy to wait and want the best product possible but when your given so called definite release dates and none of them met you start to feel a little mislead. If your a new company and want to build brand confidence this is not the best approach.
Just need a realistic time frame so people can decide whether to wait or go buy something else.

Back
Top Bottom