Hazzard a guess

Permabanned
GlasgowTitan said:
I want a transit, thats faster than my fiesta's top speed. :(

A Dual Carraigeway? What was the speed limit, 50? If it was then you're screwed.

Dual carriageway is usually 60 or 70.

Although I know a dual carriage that has a 40 limit, god knows why.

All depends on what the speed limit was dude.

Soldato
iCraig said:
Although I know a dual carriage that has a 40 limit, god knows why.

Theres loads near me that are 40, some of which are miles away from any houses or residential areas.

I know of one that is a 30 limit :s

Soldato
OP
Ah okay,

Its a 60/70 dual carriage way

He got pulled by a marked cop car and he got a producer, and the cops said about reporting him and took details but he's got no speeding ticket

So is there a chance they let him off, he was very nervous and so cant remember much :rolleyes:

Soldato
He might get an NIP in the post. a lot of people seem to forget that speed limits for transits are not the same as for cars as its not a car derived van. I'd say that his got a good chance of being done for speeding considering the speed he was doing.

Associate
Best to double check but I know summons are allowed 6 months to arrive before it times out as such. 98 for a 50 limit is fairly serious, was it middle of night no cars around type thing ?

Ive done 70 in a 40 and just had a little chat with some Volvo occupants about it, mostly they would be bothered about theft, etc in the small hours

Soldato
OP
Fulcrum said:
Best to double check but I know summons are allowed 6 months to arrive before it times out as such. 98 for a 50 limit is fairly serious, was it middle of night no cars around type thing ?

Ive done 70 in a 40 and just had a little chat with some Volvo occupants about it, mostly they would be bothered about theft, etc in the small hours

Had a talk and he thinks thats is what is going to happen but doesnt want to call the cops and find out incase they let him off and he then gets done..

He was pulled on the A5 in milton keynes, which is more like a 2 lane motorway as no people on or near it and you have slip roads and runs for 11 miles or so..

You hardly see anyone doing the limit on it tbh

Guess its wait and see for him

Soldato
A mate of a guy at work got caught doing 100mph+ in a HGV (just the cab with a stupidly huge engine, no trailer) and got jailed for driving with intent to kill....

I hope the transit wasn't overweight! :eek:

Associate
Cyanide said:
A mate of a guy at work got caught doing 100mph+ in a HGV (just the cab with a stupidly huge engine, no trailer) and got jailed for driving with intent to kill....

I hope the transit wasn't overweight! :eek:

I havent heard of that one before, Iam sure theres a proper defence against that kind of charge. Those cabs arent slow though, I tried overtaking one up a hill once - big mistake. Unloaded the brakes would stop it on the spot?

With the waiting, I think they do that on purpose just to make you sweat and think it over wether it was really worth, together with a usually overloaded CPS caseload

Last edited:
Soldato
Fulcrum said:
I havent heard of that one before, Iam sure theres a proper defence against that kind of charge. Those cabs arent slow though, I tried overtaking one up a hill once - big mistake. Unloaded the brakes would stop it on the spot?

I'm sure there was a defence, but he was racing a Vauxhall Astra at the time so I'd hazard a guess that any defence went out the window :eek:

Back
Top Bottom