US: HBO - Silicon Valley

Associate
2svrzoF.jpg

Silicon Valley is the new show from Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis and Butthead:

"In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success."

I waited two weeks to see if a thread would appear here, but as it hasn't happened yet i thought i'd help spread the word. Only two episodes in so far but it's one of the funniest shows i've ever watched. Well worth a punt imo!

Soldato
really wanted to like it, but haven't laughed once

This!

Watched the first episode because I like the subject matter but the characters themselves are very "wooden"!

Will try a few more to see if it grows on me but so far all it's doing is reminding me how average my brain is and how some people get to become millionaires with genius ideas while I'm stuck in insurance!!! :p

Soldato
Just finished watching the first season of Betas, I thought it was way better than Silicon Valley.

At least in the Betas the characters are far more likable and realistic

Associate
Up to episode 7/8 of Silicon Valley and enjoying it after a back-to-back session last night. Season 1 comes to a end tonight with episode 8 being shown.

I would certainly recommend it (especially to a computer forum) as it seemed to get better as it went on.

Soldato
Up to episode 7/8 of Silicon Valley and enjoying it after a back-to-back session last night. Season 1 comes to a end tonight with episode 8 being shown.

I would certainly recommend it (especially to a computer forum) as it seemed to get better as it went on.

yeah, it has picked up. didnt know it was such a short season

Soldato
Didn't rate the first episode much at all, 2nd had a few laughs but has improved since then and really enjoying it. Favourite character is Jared (Smart Car!) and least favourite is the main guy. We get it, your nervous and shy but he basically acts as if he has a serious disability (Although did enjoy watching him lose a goldfish in Wolf of Wall Street!). Also like Howard and Raj's little games.....wait.

Soldato
Didn't rate the first episode much at all, 2nd had a few laughs but has improved since then and really enjoying it. Favourite character is Jared (Smart Car!) and least favourite is the main guy. We get it, your nervous and shy but he basically acts as if he has a serious disability (Although did enjoy watching him lose a goldfish in Wolf of Wall Street!). Also like Howard and Raj's little games.....wait.

What?

I like this show. It's definitely increased in quality as it went on.

But it still irks me that "geeks" and the associated culture is very much the butt of the joke.

Associate
I watched this a few days ago after having it recorded and waiting as was dubious. Ended up watching all 8 episodes back to back with the misses, and we both loved it. I love the awkward wooden humour. Definitely one of my favourites of the year so far!

Associate
I enjoyed this show i am concerned how season 2 will go as the man who played peter Gregory (the billionaire burger king eater) died before season 1 even aired and i found him one of the most interesting people in the show and with him being their main backer will be interesting to see how they work around it |:

Back
Top Bottom