• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD 4770 for ASUS P5WDH DELUXE

Associate
Hello guys,
Can I install VTX 3D HD 4770 on my ASUS P5WDH DELUXE PC? Currently I've got X1650PRO 256MB GDDR2 and had problems with the driver all the time! I don't play games but mainly to view streaming TV on a 40" screen. I would also like to connect the HDMI output through my HDMI amp and eliminate the need for separate audio input. Pls feel free to suggest any other card which will do the same job but cost less or approx same!! Thanks

Associate
The board has a PCI-Express slot so yes, as long as the 4770 is also PCI-E you should not have a problem, the motherboard will not affect display drivers

As for the HDMI, I know ATi cards accept audio through HDMI now and they have drivers for this when you download the full driver package from the website but I don't know much more than that on the subject

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Does DVI include audio?

Thanks for reply. 1)Will Powercolor HD4730 suffice my needs as it the only one with HDMI output on card! 2) Does the DVI on the HD 4770 card output the audio as well when connected to the amp via the DVI to HDMI dongle. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom