HDMI over Network and Default Audio Device

Associate
So i have my own flat and i've decided to network every room with 4 network points each. I then plan to run HDMI over Rt45. So i can have a super computer in my front room and have the picture running on different screens about the flat.

Now this isn't a problem because the graphics card has 5 outputs. So i can run a the monitor setup for content creation, the 55" TV in my living room, and the TV in the bedroom.

But my problem is with the sound.

You see i can have screens in each room working independently but what about the sound?

Will i have to go into my control panel and choose the default sound device every time i'm in a different room?

Or

Will i have to create multiple user accounts on my single PC, log in from different rooms, so that the that each windows instance knows the right sound device?

Or

Is there a third/ fourth / fifth way i'm completely oblivious to?

Any advice from someone who has done this themselves or knows of someone with a similar setup will be useful

Soldato
If I were to setup multi-room audio (I have two room setup) then I'd just have a media streamer in each room.
Having one source may work if you want the same track played in all rooms but having different songs then looking at several players.

Associate
OP
By media streamer do you mean a Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, or Google Chromecast? If so then that won't suit. Ideally i'm looking for more functionality. I want to stream films, tv shows, and music, but also play games, use microsoft office, and Adobe photoshop.

The dream is to just have once pc with a screen, keyboard, and mouse in every room. All of those things can work in unison. But the audio would have to be patched to the speakers in the room i'm in. Obviously i can only use one mouse, keyboard and screen at once. But how can i manage the audio? I don't need/want it to play out of every speaker in my home at once.

Maybe i need to program an arduino with motion detectors in each room to patch the audio device as i move about

Back
Top Bottom