HDMI to TV to Optical, do i get full sound quality?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I recently got myself a cx48 oled to use as a monitor with my pc and made the move to my sit stand desk that has been unused since i got it months back. I didnt want to bring my aego-m speakers with it as i'm trying to avoid having stuff on the floor (the sub) and all the wire clutter. I have an ae-5 sound card but i've just been using the tv speakers instead.

If i buy some Ruark mr1 mk2, or kanto yu4s for instance, and use optical from the tv to those speakers, are they getting the full sound signal from my pc or is anything lost in the transfer across in hdmi? I know they wont be using the AE-5 soundcard but i understand these speakers have their own DAC so don't really need it. I was just hoping to improve my sound from the built in TV speakers and keep a decently clean/minimalist looking setup.

Will there actually be a noticable improvement over the tv speakers? Should i consider something like a sonoc Beam or are soundbars just all around terrible? Any recommendations are welcome cheers

Back
Top Bottom