He explains it so good. (Why Windows Gets Malware So Easily)

Soldato
Absolute nonsense.

UAC hasn't been an issue for years and I haven't even considered disabling it since the early days of Windows Vista.

Turned the video off when he stated many applications prompt UAC multiple times to operate. NONE of my day to day apps require elevation and those that do are doing some pretty intrusive system edits which SHOULD prompt UAC and do require elevation. Anyone who is disabling UAC to use apps on the regular needs to examine the apps they are using and for what purpose.

Flaw - User.

Can't recall the last piece of malware I've had and a modern, patched Windows system is not inherently vulnerable.

Last edited:
Soldato
If your user account on Windows is an admin account then, of course, it is going to be easy to get malware. Best security practice is to have your day to day user account be a standard user and only use the admin account when you need to do some system admin type stuff.

Soldato
This is not good, not interesting, nor overly informative.

Did you manage to get your hiberfil issue sorted from the other thread, or are you still worried about mounting drives within linux?

Soldato

Pah! Utter tripe, that guy is like the Daily Mail for IT news - I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing. He's pushing out inaccuracies, which will scare most PC World customers to death - and have them jumping ship to a Mac.

He's clearly got admin rights and UAC mixed up, and evidently has his loyalties towards Unix/Linux based operating systems.

Soldato
People turning UAC off is not an issues since most people could never work out how to do it.

People ignore UAC warnings as so many programs trigger regularly trigger them (or did)

I have slowly seen less virus' over the years as windows got better at stopping them - w10 have stopped 90% of virus'

Back
Top Bottom