Headphone recabling

Soldato
OP
Qpad qh90's

I don't want the microphone part to work anymore anyways so just wanted to stick on a 3 pole 3.5mm jack and some new wire.

To be honest if it breaks I'm not too worried. 1 ear doesn't work anymore (hoping recable sorts it and it's not the driver that gone)

Just wanted to have a go at fixing it.

Soldato
It isn't that difficult. Just get a suitable stereo cable and connector, or better still buy a stereo extension and lop off one end.

The drivers will likely have a little pad or terminal to solder to. The only difficulty may be getting access.

Soldato
OP could mod the headset so rather than fit another fixed cable, fit a 3.5mm socket so which any jack to jack cable can be used. The Qpad's and HyperX Cloud are based on the Takstar Pro 80 headphone. There's a thread on HeadFi where someone has done this with his Pro 80's. Link

I did similar thing with my Denon's after getting fed up with the non detachable long skipping rope of a cable. Double entry though, so not quite as simple as just connecting a single entry jack to jack cable. I did what JP did and used Van Damme starquad microphone cable.

Back
Top Bottom