Headphones for the gym

Associate
So ive got some klipsch buds, theyre ok if youre not in the gym but when in the gym and working up a sweat, they become very lose and pop out all too easy. Does anyone else suffer this and can anyone suggest any that wont pop out at the first sight of moisture?

Associate
My last two pairs of in-ears have been Kilpsch iS4 and (the essentially the same) Klipsch ProMedia In-Ear Headphones. They are certainly the best I've ever used, but then I've never been able to afford anything better... still - very good IMO, they compare reasonably well to some Audio Technica studio monitor cans I have.
I'd stick with the Klipsch, I've always found the silicone buds they produce to give a really good seal and fit. Have you tested all the sizes they give you (should be three with most pairs).

Associate
I use JVC Gumy which have a slider on the cable to keep them in your ears when jogging.

Alternatively I used to use Sennheiser PMX680s which are wraparounds.

Associate
Ultimate Ears 700

Better SQ than the Shure SE530 i used to own but in a tiny, lightweight casing. No matter what i'm doing in the gym i never need to fiddle with them, they just stay put. They're so light you barely notice them at all!

They're well rated on head-fi:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultimate-ears-700-noise-isolating-earphones/reviews

earphones1.jpg

Associate
Been using ME electronics M6 for the past two years which is a record for me as I normally break my gym headphones. I can recommend them. No problems with them falling out in the gym, good sound for the money and affordable too.
img_269842_m6_640x360.jpg

Associate
OP
Cheers, will give those Ultimate Ears 700 a bash. Its where i get sweaty they start to slip, gets infuriating when your mid set with weights and one pops out.. grr !

GAC

GAC

Soldato
got some cheap £10 in ear specials with rubber buds (3 different sizes) works fine for me. pointless spending anything else as they will only get ruined.

Associate
got some cheap £10 in ear specials with rubber buds (3 different sizes) works fine for me. pointless spending anything else as they will only get ruined.

Why would they get ruined? I've never had a set or IEMs get even slightly damaged. The UE 700s i'm using now are pristine after months of six day a week gym sessions, and they get a proper sweat bath every time too!

GAC

GAC

Soldato
sweat more then :p

seriously though catching them on weights or equipment is how iv ruined a few sets, nothing like having them yanked out of your ears to ruin the wires going in to the buds.

Back
Top Bottom