Headphones (wireless or wired) or ear bud for pc use ?

Soldato
HI guys any advice for me ?

I need a new pair a of head phones for pc use, I use them for a long time 12 or so hours, so I want something comfy, Im not really sure use what to get, headphone, gaming head sets or something like samsung buds.

Im also not sure if I should get another wire pair or pay a little more and get a wireless model which will have no issues of the wire getting in the way or tugged and can be used with my phone also ?

any advise for anyone who uses buds or wireless headsets ?

Associate
At 12 hours use i personally would be looking at wired IEMs. Anything on my head for that long would irritate me. IEMs are much the same in terms of comfort imo, due to various/same foam and silicon buds. Wireless would be beneficial, but again, the sheer amount of time you're using them, that extra little weight from wireless wouldn't help.

Soldato
OP
At 12 hours use i personally would be looking at wired IEMs. Anything on my head for that long would irritate me. IEMs are much the same in terms of comfort imo, due to various/same foam and silicon buds. Wireless would be beneficial, but again, the sheer amount of time you're using them, that extra little weight from wireless wouldn't help.
Thanks for the repy.

its not continues use but I do spend a long time on the pc off and on so ive gotten use to it.
ive been using cheap bush model for a year or so but the ear cups broke, ive since been using some cheap sony ones but the cable its a little short so I want to get a new pair.

I do have a issues of tugging on the the cable when moving my chare, or forgetting im wearing them, I also some time drop them. I do the the cables get in the way thats why I was considering something wireless,

also I dont want to spend too much due to the issue of breaking them I cant afford to buy expensive and keep replacing it

Soldato
wireless. it is just nicer not to have a cord wrapped around your neck. you probably need to invest in a Avantree bluetooth reciever tho.

Capodecina
Soldato
I couldn't cope with having earbuds in my ears all day. Back in the day when I used to work on a Customer Service Desk I used to use a headset, in fact I still have a Plantronics job with a long coiled lead lying about somewhere.

I have to ask, what on Earth do you do that involves a need to have a headphone on for up to 12 hours a day?

Soldato
OP
I couldn't cope with having earbuds in my ears all day. Back in the day when I used to work on a Customer Service Desk I used to use a headset, in fact I still have a Plantronics job with a long coiled lead lying about somewhere.

I have to ask, what on Earth do you do that involves a need to have a headphone on for up to 12 hours a day?

I make to much noise with music games movies ect, so Im not allowed to have the speakers on all the time :(, so ive gotten use to having headphones on even when I dont need to.

Anyone tried the something like air pods or Samsung buds for a long time? o

Wireless headphones I tried some creative on ear models a few years ago but did not like them due to the fact they were not comfy and i had to mess with the Bluetooth each time I wanted to use them.

Associate
OP if you were okay with those Bush ones you had before i'll say IEMs wouldn't actually be my choice then, also since mention it's not really continuous use.

Small over ears that are light and don't get warm probably best, also as others above mention. Full size phones can have uncomfy headbands due to the extra weight. But as always, very subjective preference, not all heads are the same size or shape.

Soldato
OP
OP if you were okay with those Bush ones you had before i'll say IEMs wouldn't actually be my choice then, also since mention it's not really continuous use.

Small over ears that are light and don't get warm probably best, also as others above mention. Full size phones can have uncomfy headbands due to the extra weight. But as always, very subjective preference, not all heads are the same size or shape.
thanks for for the help, I dont really know much about headphone so i was hoping you could offer a little more help.

what do you think of these

JVC Bluetooth® Headphones HA-S31BT
JBl Tune 500BT wireless headphones

KitSound Metro Wireless On-Ear Headphones
Philips SHL3070 On-Ear
Sony MDRV150 DJ

Motorola Pulse Escape Wireless Over-Ear
JVC HAS-65
Sony WH-CH510

a little more then my budget but what do you think
AKG Y400 On-Ear Wireless Headphones
or if you have a suggestion of your own

Soldato
I use steelseries artcis 7s and they're perfect. I use them for 6-7 hours over the weekends and they don't hurt.
My dad just got a set of these for use with his PS5 (i swayed him toward these over some ****** Turtlebeach ones), i've only used them for 10 minutes but seem decent enough(impossible to say without blagging them off him for a week, which will never happen), i'm no audiophile though (i'm sure there's better out there). What i would say though is, they are surprisingly light and very comfortable and i definitely prefer the adjustable strap on them to the typical type (that loosens and self-adjusts itself over time) on nearly every headset (the extendable arm, i can't think of a term type).

Last edited:
Soldato
My dad just got a set of these for use with his PS5 (i swayed him toward these over some ****** Turtlebeach ones), i've only used them for 10 minutes but seem decent enough(impossible to say without blagging them off him for a week, which will never happen), i'm no audiophile though (i'm sure there's better out there). What i would say though is, they are surprisingly light and very comfortable and i definitely prefer the adjustable strap on them to the typical type (that loosens and self-adjusts itself over time) on nearly every headset (the extendable arm, i can't think of a term type).

They're super comfy, can't see myself ever getting another brand. My only issue is the volume control on the left ear cup. I have a loose wire and will loose sound in it, unless nudged and then it comes back. Can't find receipt either and only had them since 10 months or so. They still work though.

Associate
or if you have a suggestion of your own

Can't help with suggestions unfortunately. But i will say, on ears are cooler, but over ears are more comfy, when generalising. On ears can have strong clamps, but you can stretch the headband on many models.

Look into reviews to gage on comfort as priority. But some brands can prevail over others with some music genres. Typically electronic genres will sound good on most headphones,but some that are light on bass may not sound as good. Classical and vocal for example would want something with a large soundstage imo, which is where many headphones can't deliver. My Sennheiser Momemtums are terrible for that, but are comfy! Where my DT1350's are great allround sound and soundstage, except poor comfort, grrrr.
Headphones are always a gamble i'm afraid.

But unless you've tried some good ones before, you'll be impressed enough with the sound from good brands.

Back
Top Bottom