Headphones.....

Soldato
On my mp3 player sometimes the volume is low on some songs, does anyone know if there are headphones which could further boost the volume more than the mp3 players maximum?

I will be checking some places out tomorrow anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
this so needs to be in music and Hi-Fi, but anyway
you'ed need one with some kind of amp built in, but I'd want to look at WHY this problem is as 99% of headphones will give (about) the same volume.
maybe you need to normalise all of your MP3s (could take a while to do all of em).

Soldato
The headphones that go right into your ear are a lot louder than the type that rest in you ear, if that makes sense. I have some Sony EX71 in-ear headphones and they are pretty dam loud coupled with my Creative Nano.

Mark

Soldato
Mark A said:
The headphones that go right into your ear are a lot louder than the type that rest in you ear, if that makes sense. I have some Sony EX71 in-ear headphones and they are pretty dam loud coupled with my Creative Nano.

Mark
yeah, they may work, but I think the issue is not the earphones but the MP3s themselves as he said "some"

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd say to buy some better headphones and listen again before deciding if the problem lies totally with the MP3s or within the headphones themselves.

As with good quality headphones theyre going to sound 'louder' than any freebie rubbish, but how loud can be limited by the rip quality. Typical i'd recommend ripping your tracks at 192kbps or higher using LAME MP3 encoder or some form of lossless.. if you download then you deserve the poor quality haha :p;)

Permabanned
get a pair of noise cancelling headphones, it will sound louder and better

the senheiser pxc250 is good and costs around 60-70 pounds, the boss quietcomfort are the best but around 200 squid

Soldato
While MP3s do naturally vary with volume, there are also big variations in the sensitivity (volume) of portable headphones as well. Sennheiser CX300 for instance are about twice as loud as Sennheiser MX500 (MX500 come as the free phones with some MP3 players). CX300 are very good quality headphones too if you can stand canal phones.

You can also unlock a louder maximum volume on many MP3 players. My Sony for instance has auto-volume levelling, which is a really stupid system because it doesn't take acount of variations in MP3 volume. Obviously you just turn it off.

What headphones are you using Zain?

Associate
Headphone amp. Look up for a CMoy or Pocket Amp 2 on your favorite auction site.. Unless your budget stretch over £35.

But to be honest, unless you are trying to run some big cans on your mobile phone or something, it shouldn't be necessary volume wise. If you need more volume because of the ambient noise, then definitely consider IEMs or isolating headphones. You run the risk of hearing loss if you try to cover ambient noise with more volume.

Back
Top Bottom