Headset Broken: Worth making the switch to wireless?

Associate
Hello all,
Last night my microphone on my Sennheiser headset decided to die. And I am now in mourning. BUT THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL; I can now treat myself to a new headset.

I am of a limited budget so I think I would be looking at a mid range headset (£50-£75) I will go above budget if there is something special out there but rather not. I use the headset for gaming mainly.

I am also wondering if going wireless would be a good step also? For every headset I have ever owned the wires become a twisted mess....

Is it worth going wireless? Is there a good headset out there wireless? or am I better off playing it safe and getting wired...

Any suggestions will be noted and investigated :)

Soldato
Not at that kind of budget. Wireless up to £75 will likely be rubbish compared to your current headset. I dare say even £100 is too cheap for a decent wireless headset. Many that I can see for about £100, look like cheap plastic rubbish.

The problem when it comes to wireless is that extra electronics are needed, which adds cost, and because headsets have a microphone, the cost of wireless is greater than it might be for headphones, because not only do you need output electronics, but input as well.

You can probably just about get some decent full size Bluetooth headphones for £100 or just over, but when it comes to a headset it's just not possible to get anything that's worth buying.

If Sennheiser had a wireless version of the Game One/Zero, I dread to think what that would cost.

For around £70, the best headset available is the HyperX Cloud. Downside is that although the headphone part is very good, the microphone is not quite as good and certainly not as good as Senneheiser's microphones.

Associate
OP
Marsman;30490373 said:
Not at that kind of budget. Wireless up to £75 will likely be rubbish compared to your current headset. I dare say even £100 is too cheap for a decent wireless headset. Many that I can see for about £100, look like cheap plastic rubbish.

The problem when it comes to wireless is that extra electronics are needed, which adds cost, and because headsets have a microphone, the cost of wireless is greater than it might be for headphones, because not only do you need output electronics, but input as well.

You can probably just about get some decent full size Bluetooth headphones for £100 or just over, but when it comes to a headset it's just not possible to get anything that's worth buying.

If Sennheiser had a wireless version of the Game One/Zero, I dread to think what that would cost.

For around £70, the best headset available is the HyperX Cloud. Downside is that although the headphone part is very good, the microphone is not quite as good and certainly not as good as Senneheiser's microphones.

Point taken, I noted on OCuk shop Sennheiser wireless headsets were £200+

Reading into that Hyper Cloud and reviews are backing it as one of the best for under £100 (despite microphone not so great)

I noted it has been compared to a corsair Gaming VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset currently sitting at £100 and also seems highly recommended (only fact its £30 over budget but it may be worth the stretch)

In the mean time I will continue to look and check any other suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom