Headset recommendations for < £50

Associate
Hello,

I'm looking for a new headset (after my delightful 5 year old broke mine). I previously had a Creative Fatal1ty (this one I think, it's been broken for a while so I can't remember) and whilst I don't mind spending a bit more than the £25 I paid for that, I don't really want to go about £50. I know that's not much for a headset, but I figured I'd ask for recommendations if anyone has any? It needs to have a microphone but it doesn't have to be an amazing one as I don't use it that much, so sound quality is the thing I'm looking or really.

Thanks

Soldato
If you can find an old HyperX Cloud (the original, unvarnished variety), or the equivalent Qpad QH85, but it's usually more expensive.

EDIT : TBH, I don't know, at that end of the market. Logitech G230, G231.

Avoid cheap surround, go for good stereo.

Open back means better soundstage (i.e. better positional audio and crisper sound, less bass), but more 'leaky' (loud on the outside, like mini speakers).

Or, some good stereo cans, with a modmic / antlion mic, or just some other mic that does the job. But usually, you don't get as much bang for buck as you would if you went in the £150 range (nice AKGs).

If you want good sound, and an OK microphone, you should go with regular audio headphones, because in general, gaming headsets suck, especially at that range.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm looking for a new headset (after my delightful 5 year old broke mine). I previously had a Creative Fatal1ty (this one I think, it's been broken for a while so I can't remember) and whilst I don't mind spending a bit more than the £25 I paid for that, I don't really want to go about £50. I know that's not much for a headset, but I figured I'd ask for recommendations if anyone has any? It needs to have a microphone but it doesn't have to be an amazing one as I don't use it that much, so sound quality is the thing I'm looking or really.
As one good thing that old Creative already gives you microphone you could use with 3,5mm extension lead:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro mic mod

If you don't need isolation of external sound Beyer's design copying Superlux HD-330 has really good sound stage for price.
Getting better sound stage would likely require going to around £100 price class like Beyers.

Associate
Logitech G633 refurbished off the bay + a right angled cable for a few quid, that is what I picked up and with the right angled cable they work great. Just an option, bought 2 sets of refurbs and both spotless.

Back
Top Bottom