Headset upgrade recommendations?

Associate
Heya, my current sound setup is this:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 7.1 Sound Card
Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
Plantronics GameCom 377 Gaming Headset

I am considering buying a new headset, preferably around the £40-70 range.

Is it worth buying a surround sound headset? I do not play FPS games. But are they any good for watching movies..?

Also, I noticed that lots of them are USB headsets, a USB headset will not be able to use my sound card, will it, so would it be better for me to find a non-USB headset..?

It is also kinda tricky to figure out which ones use real surround sound, and which ones use virtual surround sound. And whether or not the "real" ones will sound any better, because if they have 6 or w/e different speakers inside the headset, won't that be worse sound quality overall compared to a stereo headset with virtual surround sound, which just has 2 large speakers..?

I have seen a few good reviews for the Plantronics Gamecon 780 @ £40, but that is a virtual surround sound USB headset, and I am not 100% sure if that will produce better sound than my current headset through my sound card..?

I am also interested in the Tt eSports 5.1 headset, the Shock One one, shown here:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-003-TT&groupid=702&catid=1058&subcat=1719
but at £60, is it really going to be 50% better than the Gamecon 780?

Thanks

Soldato
USB sound cards are very poor comparison to using a sound card.

Do you want light and comfy with poor sound insulation?

Great sound insulation? but a bit heavier.

5.1? 7.1? stereo?

If you like it light then the Steel series Siberia V2's are Great but they suffer on sound cancellation and they are stereo.

Associate
OP
USB sound cards are very poor comparison to using a sound card.

Do you want light and comfy with poor sound insulation?

Great sound insulation? but a bit heavier.

5.1? 7.1? stereo?

If you like it light then the Steel series Siberia V2's are Great but they suffer on sound cancellation and they are stereo.

I don't mind if they are a bit heavier.
I already have a set of stereo headphones that are working.
Was just wondering if I could get any better sound quality without having to invest over £100.

What kind of input do surround sound headsets use, which are compatible with sound cards..?

Top Bottom