Heated Handle Grips Yes or No

Soldato
I use the wrap around heated grips during winter, I don't find the extra grip width that off putting but could imagine some would. Did it mainly as I had 2 bikes and could swap but still I like being able to easily remove the whole setup for 70% of the year.

Caporegime
Just put some on my blade today - Commute 65 miles a day, all year. Numb hands is not nice! These are the Oxford Sport version, not sure if they're any different other than cosmetically. They don't look too gay!

Akrapovic Carbon pipe arriving later this week!

Go on admit it

Your ride is really the one in the background isn't it ? :D

Associate
Just put some on my blade today - Commute 65 miles a day, all year. Numb hands is not nice! These are the Oxford Sport version, not sure if they're any different other than cosmetically. They don't look too gay!

They look the business, ordered a pair for winter. I'm also interested in the HID kits flukestar offers to get my thoroughly winterised, but I'm not too confident in wiring them up at all, nor the grips really I suppose. How much labour could I expect to pay an independent bike garage to fit both HID's and heated grips?:)

Associate
They look the business, ordered a pair for winter. I'm also interested in the HID kits flukestar offers to get my thoroughly winterised, but I'm not too confident in wiring them up at all, nor the grips really I suppose. How much labour could I expect to pay an independent bike garage to fit both HID's and heated grips?:)

It took me about an hour to get the grips installed so i'd expect a competent dealer to do it in less than that. it's quite easy really. Not to sure on the HID - Is it worthwhile? What bike do you have?

Soldato
OP
Changed my mind on the heated handle grips, i probably wont need to use them personally.
But i do have my heart set on a garmin zumo, but i wanted one for ages maybe santa will bring me one:)

Associate
So I got my sport hot grips fitted today and holy hotdogs they're warm! :p
I had it on 100% to begin with to see what it was like, but it actually made me want to take my hands off as it was so hot - which is obviously not a good thing lol. All good so far though, I often suffer cold hands when playing sport etc so this is just the ticket for me.

Will post some pictures when its light tomorrow :)

Associate
20102010179.jpg

First run tomorrow!

Soldato
I seriously considering some heated grips now after today's ride, my hands got really cold and it's going to get even colder.

I've checked some prices online and it seems you can get some heated grips for about £60-£70 but I won't fit them alone so I need to find a place to get it all done for around £100.

Associate
When they're on full they make my hands feel funny and make me feel a bit like I might need a wee
HAHAHAHAHA! Best to wear a nappy then!

With my HG touring gloves on today, the A3 was a cruel mistress - was slapping the tank at lights to bring feeling back - the GT550 I hopefully pick up on the weekend has them fitted already - id so be fitting some to the gixxer if I was going to be using it more in the winter.

BRRRR!!!!

Associate
Used them on a bike i had to do my CBT on last year and thought they were pretty good. Are they worth getting for my Hornet or are they a little gay:p

There Just as gay as frostbite is ;)

Seriously if your a all year round biker theres nothing worse than going to grab the brake and not being able to ...

Hotgrips could save your life ;)

Back
Top Bottom