Heathrow to Bracknell, quickest way?

Associate
Next Monday I have to go to Bracknell for a training course, work have booked a flight which arrives at Heathrow for 07:45 - Now the fun starts, I have checked up on how to get to Bracknell via train and it takes an age (I have to be there for 9am). It is only 20odd miles away, surely there is a quicker way? Answers on a postcard please :)

Cheers,

Craig

Soldato
The bad thing is you'll probably have to go into London and then back out again.

Cab might be do-able for 30 quid. Can you get a cab and expense it?

Soldato
You could get the Heathrow -> Reading Station on the Rail Air bus thing, then go to B'nell from there.

I'm not too sure how long the coach will take in rush hour traffic though. It may be worth phoning to ask?

£30 will definatly not get you from Heathrow -> Bracknell in a cab... more like £50/60 (well it was that to Reading, and they're roughly the same distance away)

Soldato
You can get a bus to Feltham train station (couple of miles from Heathrow) and then hop on the Reading train, which stops at Bracknell.

Not sure how long this would take and if there are any other quicker ways though.

Associate
Coach journey to Reading train station which takes about 30 - 40 minutes. Then taxi from there to Bracknell (just along the A329 for about 5 miles).

Easily done in an hour!

Can't remember if the coach is National Express or Rail Air or something along those lines. Do a bit of research as I haven't got time to check up at mo but I reckon that is your best bet. You even get traffic-free lanes around Heathrow for the coach to move.

Man of Honour
I would taxi it, yes I know it will cost a bit but if it is a training course, surely they can pay for it.

Soldato
Take the Heathrow Express from Heathrow to Reading station, and then take the train from Reading to Bracknell.

You will go from Reading to Wokingham to Bracknell. Or if you take the slow train you will make a few more stops.

Associate
would have to be a taxi if you wanted to make it on time. Failing that train to waterloo then back-out to Bracknell. I drive from Reading through Bracknell every morning and you'll find some traffic around the a329m/m4 :/

Soldato
phill said:
would have to be a taxi if you wanted to make it on time. Failing that train to waterloo then back-out to Bracknell. I drive from Reading through Bracknell every morning and you'll find some traffic around the a329m/m4 :/
You don't need to go to Waterloo.

I still think the Feltham option would be a goer, it's right by Heathrow
Link
so would be cheap even in a taxi.

Then 34 minutes direct to Bracknell by train.

Back
Top Bottom