1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heating on yet ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stolly, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

Heating stays off in my house between March and October. The main exception was April 2012 where I left it on due to it being -5C most nights.

I'm hot bloodied and the only time I feel cold at this time of the year is first thing in the morning out of the shower. I'll just give one of those £20 Argos foot heaters a quick 5-minute blast to help dry me out. I know electric heaters aren't as efficient, but it's definitely better running that for 5 minutes localised on me than turning the whole house heating on.

I'm not wearing coats yet, just a brolly if it rains.

2. smr

Sgarrista

Just don't tell her she looks like the Michelin man when she's not got any clothes on. :o

3. Fuggan

Wise Guy

Nope!

Too cold > too hot.

4. Lartyconshayo

Mobster

+1 for the t-shirt and shorts bit. Drinking a nice cold beer. In my house though no me Ma's - she'd have the radiators set to Sahara from the second the nights start to draw in post solstice

5. aceface57

Wise Guy

Yup, had it on a timer for the last week. I'm a bit further north than most of you and doesn't help I live in a very old flat either.

6. Lysander

Capodecina

Fixed.

Heating isn't on, but dehumidifier is. I read about how turning it on raises the temperature, weirdly enough it's true.

7. MooMoo444

Caporegime

Can't agree more. It's so much easier and more comfortable to just put a jumper or a jacket on than to sit wearing a vest and boxers sweating your nads off.

8. Glaucus

Man of Honour

After my comment early, I wouldn't be surprised if heaters do come on tonight heating is never off, just thermostat set to 15c, its already dropped to 16c in the house.

9. godinman

Sgarrista

Been lighting the fire for the last few nights, our house isn't very well insulated so it gets a bit chilly! Plus fires are awesome.

10. hamesy

Wise Guy

Heating went on for a few hours last night and today.

11. Glanza

Capodecina

Getting cold at work but we have no heating so it can't be on :( portable heaters out soon if it keeps getting colder.

Home we haven't bothered with it yet as the PC acts as a mini heater on it's own.

12. NerveAgent

Hitman

Ours is just left on a timer that comes on between 6-8am and 5-10pm. I just leave it on with the thermostat set at 20C.

It came on a few days about 3 weeks ago and has come on the last few days for a bit.

I don't get the whole "it must stay off until this date" mentality.

13. daver

Wise Guy

Owned my flat 18 months and never once turned the heating on. For 6 months of the year I have the balcony doors open for most of the time I am in.

I'll have to send the girl in the flat below me a thank you card sometime

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  14. chenko

Mobster

I don't like the whole "heat up the whole house regardless" mentality :p

I have induvidual digital TRVs though so I technically have zones in each room, but I still keep it off until we feel the need.

15. Monkeynut

Soldato

Got the slippers and the dressing gown on.

Pass me the gin. :p

16. starfighter

Mobster

Had a guest round this evening so I turned it on, I turned it off as soon as he had gone. We were downstairs where it is all open plan and quite cold. Now I am in my bedroom where the computer is on 24/7 I don't need it. I only closed the window a few days ago, it has been open for about 6 months. My house is mega insulated.

17. jimmy321

Hitman

Heating has been on for weeks it's set at 20° for day time it's 4°C right now.

18. Th0nt

Soldato

That sounds effin great!

Today has been very chilly with the last two nights cloudless. 6 degrees apparently!

19. MrMarvelous

Soldato

Getting really chilly here, felt it properly today. Had a cold wind blowing all the and the sun isn't heating like it used to.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  20. Th0nt

Soldato

Where is her/here?