Heavy statue - ground floor

Soldato
This is impulse buying at it's best. This could be a sketch from Only Fools and Horses as a follow up to the chandelier episode. :D

You should live stream the delivery to youtube the ad revenue could be a nice little earner.

It might end up like one of those work fail vids when everything tips ower and stuff flies arl ower. :D

Soldato
I don't really care whether the floor holds up or not OP still isn't getting a 600kg statue into his house without serious difficulty. Sounds like you've inadvertently bought a new garden statue.

This is great.

Soldato
My fish tank is approx 300kg of water (1kg per ltr) plus around 100kg for the stand and equipment and rock etc and is fine on a concrete floor many people have much bigger and heavier tanks.

I believe @Spook187 has his tank on the first floor of his house and is bigger than mine, first floor would be suspended and it hasnt fallen thru the ceiling yet unless im mistaken? (I may be wrong about location)

But as to your “how do i move it” question, not a chance by hand. As above my tank is lighter than your future garden ornament and theres no way on earth you could move it without breaking it down.

Associate
I think it has to do with the footprint of said statue on a possible suspended floor, I imagine the fish tank is spread over a number of joists while the statue might only be on 1 and what are the chances it would be dead centre? We won't know unless the op investigates. I have also seen joists where supposed tradesman have removed half the depth or more from them. If I were fitting a cylinder, dependant on joist placement, I would create a plynth to distribute that weight.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys for the more sensible posts - I think the options are a more thorough check which would mean lifting carpet / chipboards and causing a lot of mess and maybe damage carpet. Or just give up and stick it in the garden as a nice feature :)

Just wondering if I do decide to lift carpet and lift the chip board - will I see straight away if its concrete or joists and then how thick deep etc they are? Also wondering if I can do it in a different room which I am renovating and no carpet and see what structure it is - I would presume its the same all over the house!

Caporegime
Should do unless there are floorboards underneath the chipboard too, in which case obviously those will have to come up too. If its a relatively new build it will probably just be thick chipboard though.

Soldato
OP
Should do unless there are floorboards underneath the chipboard too, in which case obviously those will have to come up too. If its a relatively new build it will probably just be thick chipboard though.

It was built in the 1980s...

My first thoughts :p

When I originally saw it I was getting it for the garden - but when I got into the new house I thought about having it in the hallway...........

Back
Top Bottom