Heavy statue - ground floor

Associate
floor strengthening wise should be fairly simple (as long as there's not a basement underneath) it should be simialr making a concrete hearth for a fire.
  1. remove exisiting flooring
  2. dig a flat firm base in the soil underneath
  3. wood shuttering
  4. pour concrete with a DPM half way, flush with current floor

Soldato
OP
floor strengthening wise should be fairly simple (as long as there's not a basement underneath) it should be simialr making a concrete hearth for a fire.
  1. remove exisiting flooring
  2. dig a flat firm base in the soil underneath
  3. wood shuttering
  4. pour concrete with a DPM half way, flush with current floor

Thanks for the advice. Would I be able to just take up the floor in the corner to do this? What do you think the rough cost for something like this to be?

Soldato
I would say the average man can probably move around 70-80kg (not easily mind)

this is going to need either 8 average blokes or 4/5 really strong ones to get it in to your house.

I would seriously suggest you get it bolted to the floor somehow as well, it looks like it doesn't have a particularly low centre of gravity.

Soldato
The thing is when you said you had a 4m x 4m hallway, I imagined a stately home / period style entrance which might have looked OK but in an 80's style house it's gonna be a hard one to pull off without it looking Mrs Bucket inspired.

Soldato
My fish tank is approx 300kg of water (1kg per ltr) plus around 100kg for the stand and equipment and rock etc and is fine on a concrete floor many people have much bigger and heavier tanks.

I believe @Spook187 has his tank on the first floor of his house and is bigger than mine, first floor would be suspended and it hasnt fallen thru the ceiling yet unless im mistaken? (I may be wrong about location)

But as to your “how do i move it” question, not a chance by hand. As above my tank is lighter than your future garden ornament and theres no way on earth you could move it without breaking it down.

Just the nano on the first floor matey, had to strengthen the ground floor though to stop any sagg over time, think I worked my weight out as 700kg.

Soldato
I can just picture the delivery driver's face as he sees where the statues needs to go...
ezgif-1-e6fb2e79b672.gif

Man of Honour
Has any consideration been given to actually getting it into the corner? Sure the corner might take it when reinforced but what will be moving it across all the non-reinforced sections?

It will likely be delivered on a pallet which will be fine until it comes to getting it into the final position. Though you'd struggle to get a pallet inside unless you have double doors.

Back
Top Bottom