Hell Let Loose...Company Of Hero's, meets FPS

Soldato
Not quite sure about the new Remagen map. I just don't see how any teams will get across the bridge. Whoever captures the bridge first basically wins the game. Other than that it looked a fabulous map.

Soldato
This game gets such amazing reviews and praise - how come it's only got 6k players at any time? I know thats MORE than enough to always have a game, but I would have thought it'd be higher with the reception it has?

Associate
Yea i think it's starting to lose interest, it badly needs the new maps, and i believe the british and commonwealth forces are coming later this year, in bad need of that, should hopefully add in lee enfield rifles, sten and bren guns would be nice !!

Caporegime
This game gets such amazing reviews and praise - how come it's only got 6k players at any time? I know thats MORE than enough to always have a game, but I would have thought it'd be higher with the reception it has?

Because it's a more tactical, team based game where voice comms is pretty much essential. The big fps market is tuned to games like cod and battlefield styles of play. That's where the bulk of the audience is, games like this have a following, but never anything compared to when a decent battlefield or cod game is doing the rounds.

People want to run and gun for the most part, which isn't really something HLL has to offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea i think it's starting to lose interest, it badly needs the new maps, and i believe the british and commonwealth forces are coming later this year, in bad need of that, should hopefully add in lee enfield rifles, sten and bren guns would be nice !!

If I'm anything to go by, and the type of people I play with, it's competing with Elden Ring at the moment too. I used to pay it 2-3 times a week and I'm in a clan, so some competitive games, now I haven't played it for like 2 months.

Soldato
This looks fantastic. Purchased for £16.99 and installing in Steam now
I was a huge Squad fan years ago but also think some of the updates broke the game / made it worse. This will hopefully make a nice change to Warzone / Modern Warfare

Anything I should be aware of in terms of game options or graphics settings? I'm on the 3080 FE and latest drivers

Soldato
People want to run and gun for the most part, which isn't really something HLL has to offer.

Whilst this is broadly true, its also worth remembering that fights can get crazy at times too! You can find yourself right in the middle of a raging firefight with a Tiger tank smashing through a hedge!

You (general you, not you specifically) are definitely playing the game wrong if you are running for miles without doing anything, are precious about your K/D, playing without a mic or just plainly not understanding how the game works. On the latter part, I can quite understand, as HLL is quite terrible in explaining how all the roles work.

The amount of times I've seen people taking positions just mere metres outside of the four map squares and not realising that they are being useless by not helping to cap the point. You don't win by capturing strongpoints, you win by controlling the four map squares around it. The amount of times people don't redeploy after a zone is lost to fall back is crazy too - people also hate redeploying on airheads too - they much prefer to wait until they get shot, it just doesn't help the team. Then there are people that use supply trucks as transport trucks...! Nobody uses the support role, which is actually one of the most important roles with the supplies they bring for building garrisons. I could go on....just some of the little niggles that new players will experience until they understand the game mechanics.

Despite the above, I absolutely love this game. When you have a good squad that all talk to each other and a good commander this game is untouchable.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anything I should be aware of in terms of game options or graphics settings? I'm on the 3080 FE and latest drivers

I'd recommend watching a quick 15 minute youtube video guide for beginners that explains the roles and how to cap points with good garrison and OP placements. Once you know that, you will definitely feel more useful to your team and start doing more things that contribute towards winning, other than just running round pointing a gun at people. Its 15 mins of ballache but you will reap the rewards.

Soldato
I'd recommend watching a quick 15 minute youtube video guide for beginners that explains the roles and how to cap points with good garrison and OP placements. Once you know that, you will definitely feel more useful to your team and start doing more things that contribute towards winning, other than just running round pointing a gun at people. Its 15 mins of ballache but you will reap the rewards.
Thanks. So nothing in terms of settings to use / avoid? Default settings are 'epic' but I launched into quick game to test and it didnt feel that smooth.

Soldato
Loving the game so far. The game is 10000% better when you get into a squad who uses voice comms.

Edit: using -dx12 makes it worse for me, stutter is terrible

Man of Honour
I was gifted a copy last year, but I can't get into it. I struggle to find a server more often than not, but I have no real headphones, I think that's the biggest issue for me. I also don't understand it, by and large, which is ridiculous. I'm a level 180 in BF5 :D

Caporegime
I've only played it once since the beta, the beta was basically a jogging simulator, you could run for 5+ minutes before being picked off by some random sniper laying prone in a field somewhere.

Only played it once since that, find games like this hard to get into.

Soldato
I was gifted a copy last year, but I can't get into it. I struggle to find a server more often than not, but I have no real headphones, I think that's the biggest issue for me. I also don't understand it, by and large, which is ridiculous. I'm a level 180 in BF5 :D

Similar story so far - Servers mostly seem to be full even when they say 95/100, 98/100 or whatever. The ones I find are French speaking only so that's not much help!

Soldato
I've only played it once since the beta, the beta was basically a jogging simulator, you could run for 5+ minutes before being picked off by some random sniper laying prone in a field somewhere.

Only played it once since that, find games like this hard to get into.
Yep, so more like real life! (it is a mil sim after all)

It's a nice change to stay still and someone not spot you as opposed to COD / BF when you have someone slide cancelling and hopping all over to avoid getting shot!

Soldato
I've never had an issue finding a server, there are absolutely LOADS of eng speaking ones. If the game is a jogging simulator then your captain is crap, swap squads ! Would love to play with some people who have some experience, to help me out.

Soldato
Really wanted to like this game but even on a decent pc it feels like my boots are made of concrete and the pace is slower than a snail.

Associate
That's the point. It's not a run and gun game. You need positioning and you need to work as a squad. You'll get nothing done on your own or by trying to run straight onto the point to capture.

Back
Top Bottom