Help building a Streaming and Gaming Computer

Associate
Hi Guys!

I've posted here whenever i've needed to build a new computer and the response is always amazing and the insights greatly appreciated so i'm back again!

Budget is between 1k-1400.

No need for monitor/keyboard/SSD since i could technically take them from my old computer (unless again someone suggests against it)

So if anyone can suggest the best computer i could build with my budget keeping in mind this is to stream to twitch and play games at a decent rate (Cyberpunk being one i'm really struggling with at the moment) that would be amazing!

Understand this isn't an amazing amount of money but it's the best i can afford right now ^^ welcome to going over budget if it would bridge a major gap in performance!

Last edited:
Associate
Difficult to get at the moment, but I'd look at a ryzen 5 5600x and RTX 3060ti with that budget. Your best bet would then be to use the GPUs nvenc encoder for the stream, the latest one can more or less keep up with CPU encoding but with considerably less impact on performance. Could maybe stretch to an RTX 3070 or ryzen 7 5800x if you end up with a couple hundred pounds left over.

The big problem right now is stock levels are just about non existent.

Last edited:
Associate
Darn I did not realize that there is such a lack of power supplies. Buy a superflower, or seasonic , they are manufacturers of power supplies, or look online reviews for others to see what platforms they use. Don't go less than gold efficiency.
Is that 3060ti a 4k card?
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £123.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

From what I could see on graphs the power supplies are more efficient from around half to 70-80 percent load. In the future a 3090 will be let's say 350w some 125w from processor, I would say 750w should be fine, just take a look at the wattage for the parts you plan to use in the future. IMO there's no point buying 1.2kw power supply when your system is going to use max 450w lets say.​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks George!

so I’ve done some browsing and so far My list is below (obviously once stock comes in)

GPU: RTX 3600ti (thanks for the suggestion star!
Processor: it’s between the Ryzan 7 and Ryzan 9 5900x even if this pushes my budget I just think for the cost of 100-150 more it just seems worth it in the long run.
Power supply: seasonic 750w gold (but I’ll look for others as well)

Next I think I need to find a good AM4 motherboard which doesn’t break the bank and I also need a cooler!

sorry to keep piggybacking on you guys but any suggestions on these?

thanks so much in advance!

Associate
OP
I’ll look into a case first thing tomorrow now I’ve got the bare bones! Thank you all so much I’ll share a part picker tomorrow and if you could let me know how it looks that would be amazing.

this community is awesome!

Associate
OP
@mickyflinn quick question please, i ordered the Seasonic Focus GX-750 750W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply but since they don't know when that will be delivered they've offered me the Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 750W 80 PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply instead.

Shall i take that or is there another power supply you'd suggest?

GPU: RTX 3060TI
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

Thanks and Regards,

Man of Honour
@mickyflinn quick question please, i ordered the Seasonic Focus GX-750 750W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply but since they don't know when that will be delivered they've offered me the Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 750W 80 PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply instead.

Shall i take that or is there another power supply you'd suggest?

GPU: RTX 3060TI
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

Thanks and Regards,
Superflower are quality units they offer a 7 year warranty so if you can put up with the rgb, all good.

Alternative with 10 year warranty

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-amp-750w-80-plus-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-09r-pt.html

Back
Top Bottom