Help buying a budget 4k monitor/tv

Associate
I'm looking to buy a second monitor purely for more real estate to work on, definitely want it 4k. I don't care about the response time or refresh rate, I just want it to look great and be as cheap as possible (I've read some 4k tv's can be sub 300 so would be looking around there if possible). The size of it isn't too much of an issue but if I could choose it would be ~ 32 inch, since its going on my desk literally in my face. I'm also open to second hand monitors if it would be worth it, since I'm looking to stick to cheap.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi

The Hisense H40M3300 or the Hisense H43m3000 are great options for around your price range.

The Hisense H40M3300 is available for around £328 google it ;)

Associate
OP
That TV actually looks great, what is wrong with the colours and picture quality? Only issue I've found is trying to get it for that price, seems out of stock everywhere :(

Caporegime
That TV actually looks great, what is wrong with the colours and picture quality? Only issue I've found is trying to get it for that price, seems out of stock everywhere :(

it's hisense.

it's like buying a dacia. it will do 4k just not very well. just like a dacia will get you from A to B just not as well as a ford, bmw, VW, rolls royce, etc

Caporegime
lolsonny, if all hisense panels are crap how come people who know what they're talking about over on avforums have reviewed some of their models very highly?

some of their models yes not all of them.

also they are good for the money. but thats because nothing else is in their price range.

it's like saying a 10p pack of crisps is good for the money. because decent crisps cost 50p

Caporegime
my dad has one of the top of the range hisense panels. 65m7700 or whatever it is. i gave another away to my father in law a 4k panel too but smaller i believe it was 49" model.

all i have ever owned are top end panels. 2 panasonic plasmas. high end sony (their top of the range panel at the time) and a high end LG 4K tv to replace the hisense i gave away.

the colours on the hisense looked terrible. as did skin tones have some sort of DSE going on. this is on my dads panel too which is one of their well reviewed top end sets.

my tv's absolutely blow them out of the water. last night i was watching my panny plasma and i noticed something wasn't right especially with dark areas and blacks. the tv had been accidently moved out of THX cinema mode into bright room mode. it's something as soon as i switched back i was immediately impressed with the picture whereas before it looked like the panel was defective it was that bad.

i bought a hisense based off the avforums reviews and yeah as someone coming from top end plasmas and top end premium sets from the likes of Sony and Samsung, i even had a samsung plasma at 1 point too which is now in my dads house, going to a hisense felt like having cataracts. i imagine they use TN panels or something they aren't that good at all. they may get better with time but can they really compete with LG or Samsung that have been making premium panels for decades?

Sony don't make their own panels anymore. They buy them in from LG or Samsung. I think their latest deal is with LG especially for OLEDS. Sony did go through a rough period but for the past 5 years they have been very good albeit expensive. I'd like to see what they can do once they get their hands on some OLED panels.

Soldato
The Hisense tvs I've seen mostly look excellent after a tweak. As for giving away Hisense tvs because you think they look rubbish is pure snobbery. I suggest people see a TV in home ideally before purchasing and then hopefully you'll never give another set away.

Caporegime
Guys he only wants a budget 4k tv for monitor use and the hisense will work perfectly fine for his needs.

he "want it to look great and be as cheap as possible".

which doesn't exactly compute for 4K, anything that looks great won't be cheap. also show me any of the cheap hisense tv's that have been reviewed highly. it's only their top of the range models which review highly not their budget £300-£500 models, it's the ones that cost £1K and over that review highly. i wonder why.

he cannot have 4k, looks great and cheap, it's impossible. he needs to drop one of these requirements.

Back
Top Bottom