Help buying a car

Associate
Hi in currently looking to buy a golf 1.6 and have had some bad luck with hpi checks which is costing me money. I usually buy on auto trader and never bought anywhere else. Today I looked on eBay and found a golf 1.6 54 plate with 65000 miles for 4000.i have spoke to the person and this is what gets me worried, he says he works for MGP cars in derby which is where the car is at but I'm not collecting from the garage as he trades from home for MGP ltd. does this sound ok he said its got all the documents and its hpi clear I'm waitin till the morning for v5 num and vin to check myself. So just need some help on what to do also the car was not advertised on there website just eBay from what I can work out

Also I can not get tricked with log books at all can i? as he is not about to sell the car so his dad is that's why I'm waiting on the codes

This is the advert http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321143265636?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Associate
OP
Oh lol and tbh go on auto trader that's average for that miles and I have got it abut cheaper than that price. Any advice on this then I reall am not sure sounds abut dodgy to me but I don't know about car company's

Caporegime
On a more serious note, why not go and inspect it, drive it, go through the paperwork and see if it is a good car?

None of us here can really tell you if it is a good car or not because none of us have seen it or driven it. With regards to the guy selling it, why not contact the garage and check with them that his story is true?

Personally, the advert would put me off because it is awful, but that is just me.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I live quite far away I would never buy with out doing any checks I'm just more concerned about the seller not actually selling it from his garage and that his dad has to sell me it as he's away

Caporegime
I live quite far away I would never buy with out doing any checks I'm just more concerned about the seller not actually selling it from his garage and that his dad has to sell me it as he's away

Why not contact the garage (MGP) and check with them that his story is true?

Back
Top Bottom