HELP- CPUID Hardware Monitor Showing 1.94 max VCORE ! Will it kill my 8086K ):

Associate
Using CPUID Hardware Monitor I am seeing a max VCORE of 1.94V although current value is 1.34V. Surely that would have killed the CPU and cannot be correct?

Years ago I purchased a 4790K and gigabyte MB, enabled MCE and have enjoyed a 4.4GHZ processor at reasonable speeds and temperatures. I was hoping I could do the same with the 8086K and Gigabyte Z370XP and have a 5GHZ 6core PC.

The first problem was that with MCE enabled the board seems to run the chip at >1.4V which seems rather excessive. My 4790K is driven at more reasonable voltage with MCE enabled.

To try and bring the voltage down I decided to turn MCE off and instead set the max turbo multiple for each core value to x50. I want the frequency lower when idle. This runs at a much lower voltage - too low and does crash when loaded. So I install EasyTune and try a static voltage but the actual voltage still seems pretty dynamic and too high/unrelated to what I set. So I try a dynamic offset and with this enabled the voltage is higher at 0 offset and runs benchmarks so I try and reduce this with negative offset. So far I have got to -0.04V. It seems stable at the moment but I would like to try and bring the voltage down further.

This is when I notice that CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro is showing a max 1.9V and now I am worried the gigabyte board is going to kill my chip. The scary thing is this max setting has come about after I finished playing with the settings.

Soldato
You need to follow a good guide and do it in the BIOS mate, with the greatest respect this reads a lot like you do not really know what you are doing - please don’t take offence by that just don’t want you to kill the new hardware.

Would be better to find a guide for clocking that or an 8700k for your motherboard and follow it (in the BIOS). Reset defaults first.

Soldato
The board won't even allow 1.9v, it'd fry the cpu immediately. Are you sure you're reading the right line in HWMonitor?

Sync all cores 50
LLC6
VCore 1.35v

Check stability and lower voltage accordingly. Start from there.

Soldato
Surely if the board was putting 1,9v through a cpu, it wouldnt boot or it would be blue screening all over the place?

A bug in the bios maybe, see if theres a bios update for you motherboard,

Back
Top Bottom