Help identifying clock or the part needed

Soldato
I bought a clock today from a salvage fair just as an interesting piece to hang on a wall within my currently characterless flat.

It doesn't work, which I was told when I bought it and I'm fine with but thought it would be interesting to get it working.

Here's the clock in question:
MVIMG-20190602-174311.jpg

Here's the internals:
MVIMG-20190602-190902.jpg

I'm guessing something is needed to turn that cog that you can see just inside the hole that's inside the white triangle.

Anyone know what part I actually need?

Soldato
i5FuZo4.png

Not much help, but found this image of what i think is missing.

Out of interest, how much did it cost you? Some of the prices i have seen are astounding. :eek:

Commissario
I like this clock, it's unusual.

Finding a movement might not be quite as straightforward as you'd expect though. From looking at the clock, it would need to be a 24 hour movement that works backwards.

Soldato
how do you read the time? it goes backwards and there's only one hand that takes 24hrs to go round instead of 12?? the full thing moves??

am I being thick? :p

Soldato
OP
Not much help, but found this image of what i think is missing.

Out of interest, how much did it cost you? Some of the prices i have seen are astounding. :eek:

£140, haggled down from £225

I like this clock, it's unusual.

Finding a movement might not be quite as straightforward as you'd expect though. From looking at the clock, it would need to be a 24 hour movement that works backwards.

Yeah that's why I bought it, it's different. There's nothing in my hallway except functional pieces such as shoe bench and coat rack and I already have a radio controlled analogue clock in the kitchen.

Yeah as you say, doesn't seem to be a straight forward movement.

Wait.

Look here. :eek:

Is this what you've got or is it a copy?

Jesus! I have no idea, the gentleman who sold it to me said he bought it in Switzerland during the 1990s and he thought it had something to do with Mexico because of the line going through the country. His stall was mostly nautical based antiques. He didn't mention anything about it being either genuine or a copy, just said it would need a motor or something to get it working.

It's in fairly good condition, a couple of dents to the outer case and the glass could do with a good clean. Face looks to be in great condition and the movement in missing.

how do you read the time? it goes backwards and there's only one hand that takes 24hrs to go round instead of 12?? the full thing moves??

am I being thick? :p

I think the full blue disc in the centre moves.

Anyone know any UK based businesses that might know?

Soldato
OP
So Clock Parts didn't have anything that was counter clockwise and another store I emailed replied, suggesting products that are completely not applicable to what is needed.

Even called som antique restoration guys and no luck there either. Have no idea how to tell if it's the real McCoy or not - guess I could open it up and see if there's any codes?

Only other idea is to post on a clock enthusiast forum but the ones I've stumbled upon seem very quiet.

Back
Top Bottom