Help ive messed up...

Associate
so ive got my nephew machine here its got an Asus H97M-E mother board. I was clearing the CMOS to get rid of the bios password put a jumper on to clear got side tracked with my lad and then came back and tried to power the machine up without removing the jumper.

nothings happening!! ive removed the jumper tried the machine and getting nothing.

Ive removed the power and bios battery and plan on leaving it a few hours.. will this work? or have I roasted the board?

Soldato
jbh110tdi;30489081 said:
sorted.. left the battery out for a few hours now back up and running..

my only problem now is it was running a volume licence key that wont activate with a fresh install....

Contact Microsoft online support..they are actually really good and will sort out a new key for you!

Soldato
jbh110tdi;30489081 said:
sorted.. left the battery out for a few hours now back up and running..

my only problem now is it was running a volume licence key that wont activate with a fresh install....

Type_R;30489293 said:
Contact Microsoft online support..they are actually really good and will sort out a new key for you!

They'll only help if you can prove that it is your companies volume licence, as it used to be the favourite way to get Windows on the cheap with stolen keys.

Soldato
Glanza;30489339 said:
They'll only help if you can prove that it is your companies volume licence, as it used to be the favourite way to get Windows on the cheap with stolen keys.

Interesting - certainly not the experience I have had recently with Windows 10 twice!

Associate
OP
Vargas;30489487 said:
Never had a problem with our keys on the same motherboard after an fresh install. Only done it once though.
yea ive never had a problem before but thats been with OEM codes and my own retail code.

Ive purchased an OEM code online and got change from a tenner and its up and running so all good.

He bought the system from gumtree and got it at a sensible price so cant complain really. it was full of rubbish though and needed a fresh install plus I put in an SSD to use as a system drive.

Back
Top Bottom