Help me choose a racing wheel and pedals?!

Associate
ok so I want a racing wheel, pedals and a gear stick would be nice.
I don't want it to come with a chair and all that.
I want to be able to mount it to my table.
I would rather it be PS4 compatible rather than Xbox, but I will probable only use it on occasion anyway so it should not matter.

My price range probably goes up to about £350, but I will pay more for something good.

So I have been looking, and I know the thrustmaster t500 is over my range it does look good, however isn't it about 6-7 years old now?
I also looked at the logitech g29, I can get this with gear stick pedals and wheel for about £220, but isn't this becoming old now too?

How does the thrustmaster g-gt compare to the g29 and t500?

Is there any wheels that are good that and more modern?

Soldato
The G920 and G29 have been on offer every few months for around £100-130 so I would very much recommend NOT buying it for the full £200+ price.
I'm in the same boat waiting for them to come back on offer so I can pick another one up.

I can't comment on the others as I've not used them extensively.

If your chair has wheels than you'll want to look at getting something to stop it rolling back when you're heavy on the brakes :)

There's nothing really changing in terms of wheels unless you're looking at the mega£££ ones so I wouldn't worry about it being X years old.

Soldato
The T300 RS might suit you. It's belt driven rather than helical gears so it's quicker. I've got the G920 and whilst it's a good wheel I can't help feel that a belt driven system would be better.

Associate
OP
The G920 and G29 have been on offer every few months for around £100-130 so I would very much recommend NOT buying it for the full £200+ price.
I'm in the same boat waiting for them to come back on offer so I can pick another one up.

I can't comment on the others as I've not used them extensively.

If your chair has wheels than you'll want to look at getting something to stop it rolling back when you're heavy on the brakes :)

There's nothing really changing in terms of wheels unless you're looking at the mega£££ ones so I wouldn't worry about it being X years old.

Wow £130 that's such a good price, is that just for the wheel or including pedals? Does it include the gear shift?

Soldato
Yeah, I agree, get the deals with the good pedal set (T3PA, with clutch, and integrated brake mod), and not the junk they supply with the base offer.

Something they should have done from the get-go. In typical fashion, the Thrustmaster pedals do not match the quality of the wheel.

IMO, the T300 wheelbase and (ferrari) rim is much better than the Logitech offerings. Better even than the old T500, also IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
About 18 months ago Curries sold a batch of G29 wheel/pedals for £99.95 and I'm kicking myself for not buying more or at least the H shifter as well at the same time. Since then the cheapest I've seen the G29 wheel/pedal combo has been £149.95

The ~£200 for Wheel/Pedal/Shifter is about as good as it gets at the mo for that combo so it may be worth waiting for the Black Friday deals this year. The G29 is the PS3/PS4/PC version and has shift lights + Brake bias adjuster which the G920 doesn't (being the XBOX wheel).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok so if I'm paying £100-£200 go for Logitech g29

£300-£400+ go for T300

Ok so I should get a T300 TX Leather Edition or Ferrari Integra making sure they have the T3PA base. I was wondering why are these ones better than the T500 RS?

Associate
Get a second hand T500 off gumtree or eBay, it’s what I did. Need to be patient though and wait for one to turn up. I got a barely used t500 with the pro pedals and th8a shifter, gt omega pro rig (with a spare unused seat for some reason) for £450 about 2 years ago. I drove 3.5 hours each way to collect, but it’s seriously good kit. Every so often something really good comes up but you have to be ready to jump on it.

Only one on there now in the uk...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-gam...cing-wheel-pedals-and-th8-shifter./1267442711

Looks clean and well cared for...I have a g29 and it feels like a toy compared to the T500.

Back
Top Bottom