Help Me Choose A Worktop Colour?

Associate
Really stuck since most of my high gloss white units are in and assembled but I can't continue as I have no worktop yet :eek:

WuQNjJb.jpg
kVQmHIB.jpg

Marble grey vs dark walnut brown? Or any other ideas? Limited to laminate because of lower price.

Thanks.

Caporegime
IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg
Not got a finished pic but 7m of iroko worktop cut to size with curves and the reversed bevel for £650 delivered , the right side is 4.2m long too. Was looking at corian but 3k was too much. I'm really pleased with the wood

Associate
OP
Those photos are a bit washed out due to compression, has a lovely depth and shine to it

Looks really good but my budget is limited to laminate only :mad:

By the way, are those Wickes Everest tiles as well? They look like mine but a bit lighter. Just wondering was the unmatched grain intentional? It looks like all the darker grain tiles are over towards the garden door. When I did my tiles I had them all out leaning against the wall so I could pick matching grains as best I could.

Associate
OP
Here are 5 samples I got from Bunnings. So you guys reckon the second one from the left will look best? Block effect dark brown. Lots of people seem to like it but I was worried it's be too saturated in colour..

xPjUHZw.jpg

Caporegime
Looks really good but my budget is limited to laminate only :mad:

By the way, are those Wickes Everest tiles as well? They look like mine but a bit lighter. Just wondering was the unmatched grain intentional? It looks like all the darker grain tiles are over towards the garden door. When I did my tiles I had them all out leaning against the wall so I could pick matching grains as best I could.

Similar but a diff name back then on sale for £8.5 / sqm. I did it 'randomised' on purpose as the grains don't line up anyway, I cant see the difference but it might look darker as I have a big skylight in and by the door is a shadow.

The floor looks very different when wet as the grout goes black

Caporegime
Woodworktops.com

I think it was a bit less actually as I didn't get the upstands. The curved cuts and bevels added a bit of cost.

I supplied the drawing and they rang before cutting to confirm all measurements as it was a 2wk wait for the 4.2m piece ( they cut a taper on the long piece to follow the slightly out wall on the extension, 620mm to 638mm over a 2m length). I made the sink and hob cuts myself.

For just the worktop though the 3m x 620mm x40mm length was £190. The 4.2m was special order and £310.

Well recommended.

Soldato
What is your budget? No way of borrowing/freeing up a bit more cash? Seems a massive shame to have what looks to be a lovely looking kitchen and cheap out on the one thing that will bring everything together...for the sake of a few hundred quid.

We moved into a new build 2 years ago, although the kitchen looks well we really hate the laminated work tops!

Soldato
Woodworktops.com

I think it was a bit less actually as I didn't get the upstands. The curved cuts and bevels added a bit of cost.

I supplied the drawing and they rang before cutting to confirm all measurements as it was a 2wk wait for the 4.2m piece ( they cut a taper on the long piece to follow the slightly out wall on the extension, 620mm to 638mm over a 2m length). I made the sink and hob cuts myself.

For just the worktop though the 3m x 620mm x40mm length was £190. The 4.2m was special order and £310.

Well recommended.

Are wood worktops not much more hastle/require regular maintenance (oiling etc), and will warp around the sink due to water etc?

Im considering pre finished laminate curved worktop for a curved kitchen island but it's nearly £600 in the size 2480mm by 940mm plan size from diykitchens (duropal)

Also, isn't granite etc far more expensive? (like 5x the price of laminate)

Associate
OP
What is your budget? No way of borrowing/freeing up a bit more cash? Seems a massive shame to have what looks to be a lovely looking kitchen and cheap out on the one thing that will bring everything together...for the sake of a few hundred quid.

We moved into a new build 2 years ago, although the kitchen looks well we really hate the laminated work tops!

I bought the Toasted Oak laminate worktop. Got really desperate with time. I agree that it's a shame but if it looks good it looks good. The house will be sold soon, and I want the kitchen to look good. So long as the people viewing don't point out the laminate worktops and just focus on aesthetics.

It was either buy the laminate 3m x 3 pieces for £92 x 3 = £276.

Or buy this:

http://www.woodworktops.com/sapelli-worktops.html

for 4m + 2m (£215 + £120) = £335 but have to take my 900mm drawer unit (still boxed) back and replace with a 500mm drawer unit so all the units on the long wall amount to below 4m so the worktop can overhang a bit.

Back
Top Bottom