Help Me Please ! - Fuel Filter Problem with my 205 GRDT

Soldato
The fuel filter housing on my car appears to be sucking in Air from the Diaphragm at the top of the fuel filter cannister,

I know this because i placed some clear tube between the fuel filter housing and the pump,

This means that my car loses the prime on the fuel line and splutters a lot and struggles to run well in the morning,

I removed the line from the filter housing and took it straight to the metal fuel line, which then went straight to the pump without any filtering, there were no bubbles in the clear tube ( well some very very very tiny ones )

Now ive diagnosed the fuel filter housing as the problem, will it be OK to run the car with NO Fuel filter on at all, or will this end up knackering my fuel pump and blocking my injectors ?

Dads suggested fitting an inline fuel filter between the fuel pump and the metal fuel pipe just to stop and carp from getting into the pump

* Will this reduce the flow of fuel to the pump and make the car run worse ?

* If the inline filter is the way to go , which size should i get ?

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
I'm confused but does your 205 have the same diesel filter arrangement as my 306 dturbo? If so does your fuel filter have the rubber seal still around the top of it?

Associate
I wouldn't have thought an inline filter would restrict the flow?? a lot of carb petrol engines have them, mind you diesel is thicker.

Are you one about the bleeding hand pump, when you mention the diaphragm?

Sounds like you'll need to replace the assembly if so..

Soldato
OP
-Mike- said:
I'm confused but does your 205 have the same diesel filter arrangement as my 306 dturbo? If so does your fuel filter have the rubber seal still around the top of it?

Yes, metal canister, But its leaking from the button at the top

Soldato
OP
I installed the small inline filter tonight, it runs a ZILLLION times better because its not constantly trying to drink air bubbles,

:)

Its only a temporary fix though until i get a second hand filter housing off my dads friend,

Back
Top Bottom