Help me spec a cheap build 200-500

Associate
I'm thinking about getting my neices a computer for Christmas. When I was their age I wanted to play Runescape so bad like all of my friends, but my family couldn't afford a pc that could play it. I wouldn't get into pc gaming until I was 18 and I do feel I missed out. I want to try and make it so my nieces don't miss out, even if all they're playing right now is Roblox and Minecraft.

I was originally thinking of getting a Dell Optilex as a starting point, but all the new ones are small factor and given the current gpu shortage im not sure about it.

I do have some spare components that can help keep the price down.
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
  • 500w crossair psu

Man of Honour
4 core 8 thread intel cpu is excellent value but could go 6 core imto max budget . 1tb m2 drive plenty of storage if ypu8 want wifi could add a card or change motherboard.

CODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £338.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Last edited:
Associate
A bit more expensive and top end of budget, but getting a top B550 board which can see upgrade to 5950X cpu and has pciegen4 compatability(though no wifi on it), a good quality airflow case, again on offer and has plenty of potential to add fans at a later stage etc. Processor not the latest but being b grade can prob ask for £20 off as well. Still performs very well though. Think went for same nvme and ram as Mickyflinn, as best on offer atm for price on OCuk

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £497.21 (includes shipping: £12.30)

Back
Top Bottom