Help me with a gluten free barbeque

Associate
Having a barbeque a week from now and one of our friends has Celiac disease and so can't have Gluten.

In the past, we've just cooked her food separately on a disposable barbeque but this time, I thought it would be good if the whole barbeque was gluten free so that nobody needed to worry or think about what they're eating.

So, what should I be looking at/buying? Any recommendations on places that do particularly good gluten free bbq products? Ideally I don't want to sacrifice on taste.

Bread is already sorted.

Soldato
Sainsburys entire range of sausage are now gluten-free, worth checking with your friend if that would be ok, also a lot of Coop range of meat is also gluten-free now.

Soldato
My missus cant have gluten either but bbq's are fairly kind to her. Just be careful of pre marinaded meats, check the labels. There are many brands of gluten free sausages now and they are really tasty. Beef burgers be careful of, sometimes they contain wheat so again, check the labels.

Caporegime
Basically just avoid the cheap bulk lots of burgers/sausages, or at least double check ingredients. You'll usually find the more expensive the burgers/sausages the less likely they are to have gluten in. Otherwise as already said pre marinaded meats (complete pot luck IME) and that's pretty much it. Obviously buns are an issue as well, but easy enough to separate out.

Also check for soy sauce in any marinades/sauces as well, as chances are it will be made from wheat.

Man of Honour
Unless you prefer buy BBQs aren't gluten heavy anyway.
Meat, marinades, potato salads, salads, coleslaw etc don't have gluten. As said just replace soy in any soy based marinade.

Associate
Hi OP!!!

No love for the community (given you've been on, according to you're profile!), or the suggestions posted within!

Any of the "thanks for the ideas" or " we've decided to try something else" or " the weather's been **** so the BBQ was cancelled!" would have been nice

I hate it when people ask for advice (which is freely giving on these forums) and not a reply or photo!

Back
Top Bottom