Help needed going from 16GB to 32GB

Associate
Hi All,

Currently I have installed 4 x CMK8GX4M2A2400C16 4GB sticks in my Asus ROG Hero VIII mobo with an i7 6700K processor.

I want to go to 32GB and am slightly confused on what sticks to get. I don't need the fastest thing on the planet and would prefer to stick with Corsair memory if possible as I've had great reliability with the brand. Can anyone offer some advice please?

Cheers
Daz

Soldato
Two 16GB sticks would be absolutely fine. Preferable even for a dual-channel system like yours. Bigger sticks is almost always better than more sticks, everything else being equal. Just make sure to put them in the right two slots (generally the second and fourth, counting from the CPU socket side, but you can consult your board's manual). I wouldn't limit yourself to Corsair only though. Keep in mind that Corsair don't actually make the memory chips. There are really only three suppliers of memory chips - namely Samsung, Micron and SK Hynix. All the memory sticks you see from major brands (including Corsair) use one of the three, so it doesn't really make a difference which you buy. Just go for the cheapest one that you like from an aesthetic point of view. Get some with RGB disco lights if you want, it really makes no odds. I would recommend getting at least a 3200MHz kit though. They're not much dearer than even the most basic of kits, should work just by enabling XMP on any board and will give a modest performance bump over, say, the 2400MHz stuff you have.

Literally any of these would be more than fine, to name but a few, and will all perform identically from just enabling XMP, so pick the one you like the look of best (or the cheapest):

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £958.84 (includes shipping: £9.90)

Back
Top Bottom