Help needed with new router.

Associate
I just recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7, and my old USB modem isn't compatiable, I contacted my ISP and they sent me a new router to use. However Windows won't detect my onboard LAN adpater (Asus P5 QL PRO) I've tried it on both Windows 7 and XP tried all the latest drivers etc but no joy. After searching about a fair few people seem to be having similar problems but there seems to be no firm solution.
So I was thinking the easiest solution would be to buy a PCI adapter (I would prefer to stay with a wired one) my main questions are will I need anything else as well the card to get it working and has anyone got any suggestions on which one to buy?

Associate
Have you checked the onboard nic isnt disabled in the bios? that could cause the issue if it is not appearing in device manager at all. what chipset is the onboard nic? broadcom, marvell, intel? it may be worth trying a driver direct from the nic manufacturer.

Any PCI card should work fine, this would do the trick nicely if you have no success in getting the onboard nic to work http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=NW-024-DL&groupid=46&catid=1597&subcat=1599

Associate
OP
Yeah it's definately enabled on the bios, and I've tried all the drivers I can find both from Asus and from Atheros. Looks like I'm just gonna pick up a card when I can, hopefully Monday.

Back
Top Bottom