HELP new build windows wont install.

Soldato
just replaced my mobo and cpu with an i5 750, asus p7p55d le and 4gb ripjaw cas9 kit. Ive reused my hard drives optical drive xfi and tv card and gtx260. Ive attempted to reinstall windows and keep getting a failed 2 start windows error because of a hardware change and to run setup again to repair. Well i do this and it still comes up with the same error. Iv tried vista and win7. Iv tried all hard drives on there own and its the same. Any ideas guys?

Associate
When you say you tried all HDD on their own, what did you mean ? Did you re-format the drive ? Did you try it with another drive altogether ?
That sounds like some kind of OEM license has got itself attached the HDD. When you try and install it sees the new CPU and MoBo, and shuts down.

Soldato
OP
yep tried them all seperate. One had vista on and one had win7 on so maybe i could understand them complaining but the 3rd drive is a data drive with 2 partitions. 1 of which is blank. I havent been able to format as i usually do that from windows setup but even setup wont start up. It copies files accros to begin with then the stop error comes up.

Back
Top Bottom