help on making a gaming pc plz

Associate
i have currently played about and have seen a few posts,

im after a pc for about 800 that can play games like ark and evolved, and the new warhammer on good quality and at least last 8 years without upgrades, games dont have to be great quality then but want to be able to play a new game in 8 years time with this computer

i have windows moniter ect,

these are the 2 builds i have put together,

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...*TGI1Zy.THb1ZZ-THI1#61TPs1#wVbaDK21*;baEc221'

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...*UTGN1ZVxTHf1#0/THF1#4)TPF1#z+baDQ21v*baEh227.

i am planning on getting over clockers to build this for me for the warrenty ect,
plus last time i build a computer was when apg died,

any suggestions idea's or better builds please let me know as i dont even know if what i put together is compatable :p thank you in advance for your help

Associate
OP
ssd nessesary?? i thought people just used them for windows to had place for windows and cos it ssd it loads computer faster,
£100+ worth that???

if u can put together a system together that better i would be gratful, im abit out of touch on whats good and whats not

ElB

ElB

Associate
An SSD isn't "necessary" exactly, but it's one of those "once you've used one, you'll never want to go back". I have an M.2 drive to boot from, an SSD where I put whatever games I'm currently playing most, and then a big ol' mechanical one for everything else.

Based on your budget, I've gone for this configuration. It's £35 over budget but includes an SSD, so if you get rid of that it comes in just under. It's got scope for overclocking, the GPU is solid, and overall it should last you a good few years. 8 years, however, is impossible to guarantee -- if you look at even the most super freakin' awesome money-is-no-object PC you could have built 8 years ago and compare it to modern machines it's going to look a bit sad.

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,063.57
(includes shipping: £11.70)

A decent PSU with a long warranty is what you want if you want a shot at the system working for plenty of years. Or even if the PSU fails, at protecting the rest of the components whilst its working, and also at the moment of failure.

CPU - some games taking advantage of more than 4 cores now, and will do even more, going into the future, so Intel i5 won't be as future-proof as a Ryzen 5 1600.

Like ElB said, you won't ever want your OS/Programs on a HDD again once you've experienced SSD. It's not only boot times, but the response time (read/seek time) whenever you click on a file, or navigate through the OS. Also, any games that involve a lot of in-game loading (levels, or map teleporting etc) can really benefit from being on one. The life-expectancy of a HDD that isn't constantly thrashed with the operating system on it, and is only used for storage, will also be greater, and noise will also be reduced.

If you decide to go with a custom (non-Configurator) spec, what you do is open a thread in the Customer Service and paste your Basket (click the BBCode button underneath your Basket contents and it will copy them) and ask for a quote, along with any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Soldato
this config would do you pretty much for the original £800 budget, its hard to say how things will progress within your 8 year aim.

• 1 x Titan Dagger Gaming PC - Intel Core i3/i5/i7 = £794.90
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
    • Optical Drive:Unwanted
    • Lighting:Unwanted
    • Operating System:Unwanted
    • Case:BitFenix Neos ATX Tower Black/Blue
    • Primary Solid State Drive / Hard Drive:Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST2000DM006)
    • Secondary Hard Drive:Unwanted
    • Sound Card:Unwanted
    • WIFI:Unwanted
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD48G2400
    • Processor:Intel Core i5-6600 3.30GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • Graphics card:Gainward GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Security Software:Unwanted

Total: £809.00
(includes shipping: £14.10)

as i saw your new 1100 budget i went with this option, still doesnt add an ssd, but a good 2tb storage drive with some ssd performance or save £27 and go with the normal 2tb hdd, better processor option, better gpu option than the intel build, windows can be sourced cheaper and so can dvd drives.

• 1 x Titan Tanto Micro ATX Gaming PC - AMD Ryzen 1400 system @ 3.70GHz = £1,080.95
    • Build Time:Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
    • Lighting:Unwanted
    • Optical Drive:Unwanted
    • Sound Card:Unwanted
    • Primary Solid State Drive / Hard Drive:Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (ST2000DX002)
    • Secondary Solid State Drive / Hard Drive:Unwanted
    • Storage Mechanical Hard Drive:Unwanted
    • WIFI:Unwanted
    • CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 Six Core 1600 3.60GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
    • Memory:Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C14 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G24
    • Case:Raijintek Aeneas mATX Cube Case - Black
    • Graphics card:MSI GeForce GTX 1070 AERO 8G OC 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card *£25 CASHBACK*
    • Security Software:Unwanted

Total: £1,095.05

or you could just straight up go with this one, intel processor, but still a good one, the new 580 8gb, ssd plus a hdd at the only real comprise i see being half the ram, suppose if you can afford the small shipping cost then this would be your better choice as far as prebuilt goes, you would have to comprise somewhere if you want an ssd and windows included.

• 1 x Titan Virtual Raid VR Gaming PC - Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz, AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB = £1,099.99
    • Case:In-Win 503 Midi Tower Case - Black/Red
    • Processor:Intel Core i5-6600K 3.9GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
    • Graphics Card:Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    • Secondary Drive:Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (ST1000DM010)
    • Memory:Kingston Fury Black 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C15 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit (HX424C15FBK2/8)
    • LED Lighting:Unwanted
    • Virtual Reality Headset:Unwanted
    • Primary Drive:Samsung 960 EVO Polaris 250GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

Total: £1,114.09

if you can build or ask how much OC will build it for you then you can get a much better system for £1100, something like this for example

Total: £1,115.26
(includes shipping: £12.60)
[/INDENT

you could keep it much under 1100 by getting the 1600 instead and then replace the 1tb with a 2tb hard drive which would probably be better unless youd add more storage in those 8 years?​

Associate
OP
so amz ryzan you would suggest over intel??

i do like the look of the bottom 1 cos iv always been amd and radeon,
most places iv been recently keep telling me to go intel and nvidea,

i can probs handle the few quid extra, but what 1 do you like best and why??

sorry if i seem to be a pain

for dvd drives ect i do have a portable 1 and a portable 1tb hard drive,

so if need be i suppose i could live with just a ssd drive in computer and anything i need kept i can put on portable harddrive for when i need it

Soldato

AMD/Radeon doesn't have anything as powerful as a GTX 1070 right now, although new cards are expected soon.

If you preferred Intel for some reason, then i7-K would be the way to go. But as things stand even a Ryzen 5 1400 makes more sense than i5-K, in terms of longevity. And value for money = Ryzen 5 1600/1600X is where it's at just now.

If you don't need a HDD, then maybe get a 500GB SSD, less faffing about connecting the portable HDD, less transferring stuff, with a bit more room.

Total: £1,069.58
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Soldato

i can probs handle the few quid extra, but what 1 do you like best and why??

sorry if i seem to be a pain

for dvd drives ect i do have a portable 1 and a portable 1tb hard drive,

so if need be i suppose i could live with just a ssd drive in computer and anything i need kept i can put on portable harddrive for when i need it

if it was me id buy ryzen, but then im on haswell intel and will be till i decide i like windows 10 lol, the ryzen or anything above skylake doesnt support lower than windows 8.1 if even 8.1 from what i read on the forum just to bare that in mind if you didnt want windows 10, out those i posted i would personally choose the last one i mocked up simply because i am capable of building computers and it be a cracking computer, if you have to get a prebuilt then the 6600k intel computer as despite its not the i7, the i5 will still be capable and out the configurations that would keep to 1100, it seems to offer the best in terms of good processor, ssd, hdd and the latest 580 8gb where as the other 2 prebuilts have compromises.

the dvd drive is only useful if you need it, i have one and wont get rid as i have games ans software that are disc based amongst a lot of downdloaded stuff and software backed up to usb drives and if you have external hard drives then id get the biggest ssd you can afford as it be the main focal point.

Associate
OP
if it was me id buy ryzen, but then im on haswell intel and will be till i decide i like windows 10 lol, the ryzen or anything above skylake doesnt support lower than windows 8.1 if even 8.1 from what i read on the forum just to bare that in mind if you didnt want windows 10, out those i posted i would personally choose the last one i mocked up simply because i am capable of building computers and it be a cracking computer, if you have to get a prebuilt then the 6600k intel computer as despite its not the i7, the i5 will still be capable and out the configurations that would keep to 1100, it seems to offer the best in terms of good processor, ssd, hdd and the latest 580 8gb where as the other 2 prebuilts have compromises.

the dvd drive is only useful if you need it, i have one and wont get rid as i have games ans software that are disc based amongst a lot of downdloaded stuff and software backed up to usb drives and if you have external hard drives then id get the biggest ssd you can afford as it be the main focal point.

the last 1 is the 1 i like the best from what iv seen people posting so far, iv sent a mail to clockers asking if i say the parts i want will they build it for me,
that way if summin goes wrong or not compatable they will know last time i build myself i had a part that did not work and the company said it was working and it was ma fault ect so worried about it for that purpose, (pcspealist suck)

Soldato
Danny that cooler wont fit in the case, max cpu cooler hirght 150mm.

Cheers for pointing it out, Micky. Thought it was the same CPU cooler height as the Aero 300 Black (160mm), but apparently the FAW version is 150mm yeah.

This one would do the trick, or a different case:

In any case, since you're having it built, don't worry, they'll let you know if you need a different cooler.

Back
Top Bottom