Help save a lovely village from Tescos

Soldato
Please sign the petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savecuffleyvillage/index.html

Cuffley is a lovely small village in Hertfordshire with bakeries, small restuarants, a pub and has quite a country feel to it.

Tescos are planning on knocking down a nice building to make way for some horrible high rise building with flats on top.

This will be right in the centre of the village and ruin the whole look of the place, as well as ensure the closure of many local businesses.

The fact that there is a Tescos a few miles (5min drive) in either direction from Cuffley does not appear to be enough.

So please sign the petition, and hopefully we can stop them ruining another High Street.

Associate
do the local shops provide better goods at a cheaper price ? the only reason tesco etc are succesful is because they can sell quality stuff at a cheap price..... end of story

Permabanned
Jaap74 said:
do the local shops provide better goods at a cheaper price ? the only reason tesco etc are succesful is because they can sell quality stuff at a cheap price..... end of story

lol, someone hasnt shopped at tesco

Associate
by "quality" I simply mean comparing similar items.... for example compare the price of a can of Heinz Baked Beans or something like that and Tesco will always be cheaper than a corner store.......... anyway I shop at Waitrose :D

Permabanned
It happens, alough your friends may own shops. Tesco is so large. Its obvious that they will just stomp out the other small businesses. Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morisons etc.

Suspended
iBot said:
lol, someone hasnt shopped at tesco
OK, they can sell BRAND goods at a fair price. As opposed to sainsburys who will sell brand goods, or lidl who will sell crap at a low price.

Personally I'm more of an ASDA man, it makes me feel more warm inside when I go there.

Soldato
OP
it is just soo out of place. The large out of town stores are fair enough, or the city centre ones.

But this is a village surrounded by farms...it is ridiculous they could enter such a place.

Also they are taking away the village pub and restaurant, as well as knocking down the building that is right in the middle of the village to replace it with some high-rise rubbish.

The high street is sooo small the massive tesco's beaming sign will probably dominate it, as well as shine through many peoples windows.

Its truly ridculous.

So please show some support and sign it.

Thanks to those who already have.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
My town isn't much bigger than Cuffley and Tesco has just built a new store here, albeit on the edge of town. It's great and I think you'd enjoy it if it came.

Also, a pop. of around 5,000 and only one pub? We have about 7,000 and ~20, it most be really boring down there. :/

Soldato
Chronos-X said:
OK, they can sell BRAND goods at a fair price. As opposed to sainsburys who will sell brand goods, or lidl who will sell crap at a low price.

Personally I'm more of an ASDA man, it makes me feel more warm inside when I go there.
Lidl is actually high quality low price imo, aldi is more lower quality.

Aldi and Lidl are both good, the germans don't like cheap tat.

Back
Top Bottom