Help - Tarkov pushed me to buy PC - advice

Associate
Hi All,

I have been toying with buying a gaming PC for some time and watching EFT constantly being played has forced the issue!

No experience or knowledge of specs/build - have trolled forums and online to educate myself but not enough (yet) to commit.

I see a lot of people committing to ordering the parts and building their own PC which I am open to but wonder if I am capable or will regret it...

I ultimately want to play games such as Tarkov on good to high quality settings if possible with the ability to play upcoming games for the next couple of years with the spec I have and then with the ability to upgrade later down the line which appears viable...

PC will mainly be used for gaming along with internet browsing/emails/work and would like the ability the use photo editing software later down the line if possible given the investment.

In a perfect world there would be a pre-built version which would allow me to achieve all of the above. Budget excluding monitor is £1,000 and ideally available on monthly finance repayments. If I can achieve what I want below that amount, great. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, can anyone build a gaming PC competently with no previous experience? What premium would I be paying on a pre-built?

Also, just had a look on Gumtree and seemed to be a lot listed however presume this is a minefield given my limited knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
If your new to building a PC and taking finance out for the parts, if you damage them at the build stage they won't be replaced and can you afford to pay cash for a replacement? With a prebuilt your buying 'one item' and any issues with it can be worked out with the supplier / builder.

Associate
If your new to building a PC and taking finance out for the parts, if you damage them at the build stage they won't be replaced and can you afford to pay cash for a replacement? With a prebuilt your buying 'one item' and any issues with it can be worked out with the supplier / builder.
Thank you for your answer

Back
Top Bottom