Help with finding pre-built £500(ish) gaming PC

Associate
Hi all,

A friend of mine at work is looking to buy a fairly budget, pre-built gaming PC for around £500 (may be able to stretch more). I'm trying to drag him away from some overpriced places and trying to get him to find a better deal at Overclockers, with higher spec for the money. Thought I'd post on here to see what type of a build he could go for. I was browsing around a bit too at the pre-built systems.

Doesn't need monitor (he will be hooking it up to his TV), keyboard or mouse. Looking at having an i5 and 8GB RAM.

Any build advise would be much appreciated, to try get as best as we can for around the £500 (ish) mark.

Edit:
Okay seems tricky to find anything in that region which is an i5, would have to stretch to £600-700 for pre-built.

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £556.18
(includes shipping: £12.30)

See here for what this Pentium can do: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/intel-pentium-g4560-bang-for-buck-gaming.18765750/

You'd need to post any proposed spec in the Customer Service forum and ask them for a build quote.

Depending on the quote, your friend could decide to spend a bit more on a better GPU like a 470 4GB or 480 8GB/1060 6GB, or 16GB RAM as some games are now making use of (or at least reserving) in excess of 8GB (along with other stuff running).

Also, AMD Ryzen chips are due out at the end of February, so you may want to wait a bit to see what they can offer.

Back
Top Bottom