Help with home cinema sound setup

Associate
I'm looking for a bit of advice in getting my surround sound setup finished at home as I'm not sure what to get myself. I currently have an Onkyo TX-SR705 with a pair of Kef IQ5 speakers and a Kef sub (which i can't remember the model :D) and a Panasonic 46" plasma showing the pictures.

Now I want to get the rest of my speaker setup completed, but this is where I'm getting my confused. I was originally going to go for a pair of Kef iQ3 at the rear and an iQ6C as the centre. Since creating a list I've also seen the the iQ8DS speakers which I thought might work well as rear speakers.

I've not got a massive budget, so I was thinking about possibly using iQ1/10 as rear speakers instead of the iQ3. Because of these being the rear pair, would I really notice the difference between these 2 ? and where would the iQ8DS speakers fit into the mix compared to these 2 ? As for the centre, is the iQ6c good or would the iQ2c be fine for the job ?

As far as room setup goes, the living room area is square with the display about 5 meters away the viewing area. I can't mount anything on the wall behind me, because it is made of glass and there is no left wall as it is a passage way to the kitchen.

Any help is much appreciated as I am really confused as to what to get. Oh and I'm not stuck on Kef products, its just that I thought matching products would sound similar and all look the same :p

Associate
OP
The eggs seem pretty nice, but should I be looking at any models in particular.

The WAF does play a factor into this as well, because shes already discounted some speakers because 'they don't look very nice'

Associate
OP
Anyone else got any advice on what I should/could be looking at for my setup? I liked the look of the egg speakers, but they seem to be around the same price as the XC10/30 speakers, so I'm not sure what to go for.

Associate
The WAF does play a factor into this as well, because shes already discounted some speakers because 'they don't look very nice'

Wish mine was that understanding... I'm not allowed to have surround sound downstairs as she doesnt like it :(

Associate
OP
Wish mine was that understanding... I'm not allowed to have surround sound downstairs as she doesnt like it :(

Yeah I'm lucky like that :)

I'm leaning towards getting the pair of IQ10s for the rear and the IQ6C for the centre speaker. That way they all look the same, sound should be comparible and the cost isn't through the roof either. Found a couple of places with good deals on the IQ10s as well which is always a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom