• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help with my AMD Radeon RX 6700XT (Red Devil

Associate
So i purchased this card from overclockers a couple of days ago & i installed it yesterday. I switched from a Nvidia gtx 1060(3gb)
The problem im having is that my pc is stuttering & when it stutters it affects the mouse & keyboard if im typing, Its like quick mini freezers. There is plenty enough power to power it, unless my PSU is not configured correct but my last GPU ran fine

I have checked temps. I have uninstalled all nvidia drivers & i have uninstalled/reinstalled AMD drivers. Its not to do with what browers i use as it the actual PC that is stuttering/freezing

Any help would be much appreciated as it is really disheartening that i've paid for this & not functioning as intended.

Motherboard: Rog Strix X570-F gaming
Procesor: AMD ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700XT (Red Devil)
Ram: 16gb Ballistix
PSU: Corsair RM 750X

I built this PC around March of 2020 but the GPU i purchased 2 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q5nRY1AUq4

Soldato
Very strange that! If it were me I would probably opt for a clean OS install, it’s just so quick and easy these days. Often beats spending hours trying to figure out if there is a setting or something at fault. That would be my first step, and see how it is from there.

Soldato
Okay ill do abit later & come back with results

What are you using for the OS drive ? Sata SSD, NVME M.2, or a normal HDD (spinning rust). I have seen behaviour like that when the OS drive is about to go to silicon heaven or another drive with the page file on it or software you are using.. Check the status of your OS drive and the rest of your drives in the pc as some maybe going faulty and causing this, get the S.M.A.R.T data for the drives use > (CrystalDiskInfo, https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDiskInfo ).

Have you also run a latency checker ?

Associate
OP
What are you using for the OS drive ? Sata SSD, NVME M.2, or a normal HDD (spinning rust). I have seen behaviour like that when the OS drive is about to go to silicon heaven or another drive with the page file on it or software you are using.. Check the status of your OS drive and the rest of your drives in the pc as some maybe going faulty and causing this, get the S.M.A.R.T data for the drives use > (CrystalDiskInfo, https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDiskInfo ).

I will try all that abit later as not home yet

Associate
OP

Just ran that program & it says the health of both my drives are good

Soldato
I'll try a clean install of windows via the recovery option in windows. Thank you

I'll report back with results after i get home from work

I would suggest backing up any data, reformat the drive and do a totally fresh reinstall of the OS via a USB stick etc. I’m not sure how much carryover there is of existing files and drivers via that reinstall through the recovery option.

Associate
OP
I would suggest backing up any data, reformat the drive and do a totally fresh reinstall of the OS via a USB stick etc. I’m not sure how much carryover there is of existing files and drivers via that reinstall through the recovery option.

I don't need a usb as i have a recovery option in the system. i have everything i need on my 2nd drive. i'll first clear all drives using DDU viaa fe mode & then i'll do a clean install of windows

Soldato
Bios up to date?

Tried pcie 3 instead of 4 in bios?

DDU in safe mode and picking nvidia then doing it again for amd after reboot then stick fresh drivers on? Might need to do fresh amd chipset drivers too after.

Power mode in windows to high?

Hardware acceleration off in browsers?

Refresh rate in windows correct?

Defo check audio drivers too.

Tho that stuttering is weird, not sure ive seen that before. Hope you sort it out tho. Id also check ur ram while ur at it too as could be a link to ur issue somehow tho not sure why.

Do you have any antivirus like malwarebytes? Just read them can cause it on a diff forum. Check ur software in background and try using task manager/startup see if disabling everything not vital to windows helps then reboot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
OP
that might be cos a audio driver is overriding it go to device manager find sound and then see if more than one audio device then right click and disable the one u dont need and might need reboot it should work then.

Okay so with no drivers installed it works fine but as soon as i install the AMD drivers i get this problem

But actually install new amd drivers from amd site and relevent chipset drivers from amd site.

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/non...alin-2020-21.10.4-win10-win11-64bit-oct28.exe

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_3.10.08.506.exe

Back
Top Bottom