1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with windows media connect & xbox360

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by TriedandTested, 20 May 2006.

1. TriedandTested

Capodecina

I've installed the relevant software and service pack 2 and it's all fine from the Windows side of things (xbox is recognised, folders are shared etc) but when i try to access my music from the xbox it says it can't find a PC and to test the settings.

I test them and the probs are there with it finding a PC and i check the settings and everything is set to automatic (IP addy, DNS etc)

Any suggestions? :)

2. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Ok, i've got it accessing the PC now! But it only shows about 6 albums/33 songs?! Help meh! :D

3. bingham67

Soldato

You have to add folders to share in media connect oh and by the way if you add a song in folder you have to re add folder its weird. :/

4. TriedandTested

Capodecina

I've set up the folders i want to share...a couple of them are on an external HDD that is turned on and working. xbox still just picking up a couple of albums i can't find (!) and the beethoven one!

5. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Ok, think i've got it going...but what a messy system. It seems that each album (that i have in its own folder) has to be shared individually?!!?

Hope someone can tell me otherwise.

6. bingham67

Soldato

Ye that correct you have to share every different album file. :(

7. Beepcake

Mobster

Bizarre. I have all my MP3s in sub-directories of c:\mp3; I shared that directory and all the albums contained within appeared on the 360. Also when I add new files they get automatically added, I don't have to re-share it PC-side.

8. FeFiDoh

Sgarrista

same as beepcake my music is shared and when going to the music thing on guide button it shows the albums in there

9. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Edit; that don't matter...just dont like the system!
    Grr.

Should be easier than this.

10. GTCole

Gangster

Yep mines the same

Are you sharing the files via the xbox or the connect software on your pc? i have added all the folders i wanted voa the xbox and as with the guys above all my files are there and any new ones are added too

11. McDaniel

Capodecina

i just shared my J:\Music folder and it detects everything :D

12. ricky1981

Mobster

Same here, just one shared folder and it picks up all the subfolders (about 800+ of them)

13. Yas786

Caporegime

Actually instead of me starting up a new thread, i might as well ask here and hopefully someone can guide/help me etc.

I have winxp pro sp2 on my laptop and id like to be able to listen to my music from there on my 360. Now i know you can do it but from what i understand you need winxp media edition??...is that correct or do i just download the MCE extender onto my lapto and it will work with that??. Id rather not have to re-install a new copy of winxp on my lappy.

So can anyone clarify this for me and if its only the MCE extender i need, where do i get it from etc???

TIA:)

14. TriedandTested

Capodecina

15. Yas786

Caporegime

Cheers Tried:).

Ill have a look when i get home :)