• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help - Zotac RTX 2070 AMP Extreme Edition freezing and artifacts

Associate
I bought a new PC from OCUK a few months ago, not had lots of opportunity to play as much when first bought due to work and family etc.. In the last few weeks I've been trying to play games and I keep getting a freeze, artifacting and crash to desktop after about 2 minutes.. the GPU never gets over 50 degrees in temp, I checked the RAM through the windows RAM test and was all ok, any game with some quality of graphics (even at low settings) and I still get the same issue, ghost recon WL and div 2 will last a matter of minutes if I'm lucky. I've rolled back Nvidia drivers, running HWmonitor and Zotac's Firestorm and nothing 'appears' to be too high.. I had it linked up to a 4k monitor, now moved to an MSI 1080 monitor and STILL the same issues.. Has anyone got any suggestions (for someone who's not a pro at messing around with PC settings) or has had this happen to them?

my rig:
Kolink KL-850M 850W 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply
Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz (Coffee Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
System Build Fan - Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fan PLPS - 120mm PWM (SI) [EXNO-0
Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme Core Edition 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express
Intel 660P 512GB M.2-2280 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe QLC 3D NAND Solid State Drive
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM 256MB Cache HDD
Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Z390 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel
EK Water Blocks EK-Cable Y-Splitter 2-Fan PWM (10cm)

Back
Top Bottom