The Witcher series (Netflix)

Soldato
My comment was going to be it's more about people not liking something because it's not done the way they would want it to be done. You see it all the time with both TV and Movie. "It's just so slow, so bad", next person posts "I love the pace of this, really works well".

**EDIT** Also, effectively saying people are stupid if they like this, is also pretty stupid.

Caporegime
Read the books, played the games and enjoyed S2 but it's not very sympathetically adapted by the writers and there's some pretty terrible miscasts.

The Eskel portrayal was pretty unforgiveable, rocking up to Kaer Moren with a load of hookers was dumb, every Witcher apart from Geralt came across as a weakling (and died). Yeneffer has no gravitas but is a bit better this season. Triss and Fringella are awful. Vesemir wasnt amazing either. The Witcher training thing looked like something from Funhouse or Gladiators.

Geralt is well played, Henry clearly puts in the work. The fights are excellent. Ciri has grown on me this season.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My comment was going to be it's more about people not liking something because it's not done the way they would want it to be done.

You have just described the basics of what having a personal opinion entails... and can be attributed to anyone giving a critical opinion of anything arts-related.

Soldato
I feel like only people who are not intellectuals ever say daft things like this.

Many people care about what they watch and they care about justice being done to their favourite franchises. It is natural to think critically about things like this and to want to give their opinions and this applies to all media formats. If you don't that's fine, but better to just not reply than make yourself look like an ignoramus by writing inane stuff like that.
There is such a thing of being a bit over critical. People can get a little sucked into every little detail and ruin it for the more relaxed approach by giving out bad reviews that are a bit over zealous.

Call it a series critic snob, movie critic snob or game critic snob.

Ill ignore the "lack of intelligence" comment :rolleyes:

Soldato
You have just described the basics of what having a personal opinion entails... and can be attributed to anyone giving a critical opinion of anything arts-related.
Yes but not everyone has to read a "personal option" as it is only likely to be relevent to the person typing it.

Caporegime
There is such a thing of being a bit over critical. People can get a little sucked into every little detail and ruin it for the more relaxed approach by giving out bad reviews that are a bit over zealous.

That is your subjective opinion and people can write what they like, especially in a thread created designed for discussing a specific TV show, so who cares if some people might feel it's "ruined" by an overly critical review? We are adults, not children, and grown adults should be able to handle critical opinions without throwing their toys out of the pram.

Ill ignore the "lack of intelligence" comment :rolleyes:

Don't ignore the comment, because intelligence and intellectualism are not the same thing and you appear to have them confused.

Yes but not everyone has to read a "personal option" as it is only likely to be relevent to the person typing it.

Your posts make little logical sense. It's a public forum and the vast majority of the posts on the vast majority of topics, especially in the "Off Topic" sections, are peoples personal and subjective opinions. You don't have to read anything, but you have every right to give their thoughts freely while abiding by the forum rules. If you don't like that, tough tootsies.

Soldato
That is your subjective opinion and people can write what they like, especially in a thread created designed for discussing a specific TV show, so who cares if some people might feel it's "ruined" by an overly critical review? We are adults, not children, and grown adults should be able to handle critical opinions without throwing their toys out of the pram.

Don't ignore the comment, because intelligence and intellectualism are not the same thing and you appear to have them confused.

Your posts make little logical sense. It's a public forum and the vast majority of the posts on the vast majority of topics, especially in the "Off Topic" sections, are peoples personal and subjective opinions. You don't have to read anything, but you have every right to give their thoughts freely while abiding by the forum rules. If you don't like that, tough tootsies.
Does anyone get the feeling that I maybe getting singled out here?..... ;)

You and anyone is of course more than welcome to have a personal opinion on a public forum, just don't expect everyone to agree with you and when they don't maybe accept it rather than banging on about something that myself and many others clearly already understand. Maybe you should just accept it.

Caporegime
Does anyone get the feeling that I maybe getting singled out here?..... ;)

I am replying to your posts that are replying to my posts, that is called a "discussion" and does not mean you are being "singled out" (lol).

You and anyone is of course more than welcome to have a personal opinion on a public forum, just don't expect everyone to agree with you and when they don't maybe accept it rather than banging on about something that myself and many others clearly already understand. Maybe you should just accept it.

Honestly, what on earth are you talking about? I don't expect nor desire everyone to agree with me because I am a grown adult and well aware that people have different opinions and I welcome discussion and debate. You (and a couple of others) were actively complaining about people simply giving strong critical opinions! Anyway it's clear you don't even really know what your point is as you are actively contradicting yourself, so lets just agree to disagree and leave it there. :)

Consigliere
Finished season 2 but I really get so confused with what's going on. :o

Understand roughly of course but the 'dramatic' parts I am left thinking 'wait, why is that good/bad?'

I find the subplots a bit hard to follow and who is linked to what...maybe its just the style its in or probably as I have never played the games etc.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I enjoy this series, its just a shame the seasons are so short so a lot has to be condensed. It could do with another 3-4 episodes a season just to allow things to flesh out more.

Man of Honour
I originally knocked this off as meh and that I'd probably get round to watching it after my ever expanding watchlist got down to a decent level.

That did not happen and I just started watching season 1 2 days ago and am now on season 2 :D

The characters are actually interesting and the action/monsters etc really cool. The script seems decent too and it kept me engaged. The witches are also eye candy, so yeah winner winner in my books :p

Soldato
I originally knocked this off as meh and that I'd probably get round to watching it after my ever expanding watchlist got down to a decent level.

That did not happen and I just started watching season 1 2 days ago and am now on season 2 :D

The characters are actually interesting and the action/monsters etc really cool. The script seems decent too and it kept me engaged. The witches are also eye candy, so yeah winner winner in my books :p
Witches or Witcher is eye candy?.... Each insinuates a very different idea about you :D

Back
Top Bottom