Herman Miller Aeron vs Steelcase Leap V2

Associate
I'm looking to buy one of these chairs as i've been suffering with back pain on and off and recently had 2 weeks off work because of lower back pain.

I don't mind paying out new price's for one of these but because of lockdowns i'm not able to get out and visit any showroom which might have one on display.

I think i've sat in a chair similar to an Aeron in the past, might have actually been an Aeron and I remember the seat having hard plastic edges. Does anyone on here own an Aeron?

Anyone else made a similar choice between these two?

Soldato
A few official herman miller dealers offer a no questions asked return within 2 weeks. Maybe steelcase have something similar going on.

Best way to try it imo.

I went with the aeron because I've sat on one before and found it comfortable.

Associate
I was looking second hand for these but none of them have the full lumber support

they all have the lumber support you move up and down

I want the one that you can pull it in or out as well

Associate
OP
I was looking second hand for these but none of them have the full lumber support

they all have the lumber support you move up and down

I want the one that you can pull it in or out as well

Yeah I saw that, a one piece of plastic for lumbar support. There's one on ebay near me for around £400 and looks in good condition.

I'd need to try sitting on the mesh before purchase I think.

Associate
OP
I've 2 leap v2 sat on my landing. We've just upgraded to Herman miller.....I wont be going back!!

Ah then just the person I need to probe for info!

What made you change to HM? do you have the Aeron? If so did you get size B or C and how does the seat depth and width compare to the Leap?

Associate
Been sat in a herman miller for the last 8 years (at work) and been wanting one for at home since lockdown started. I just go one this weekend for the grand sum of £40 via a Facebook bargain, the people had just listed it as a generic office chair.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Been sat in a herman miller for the last 8 years (at work) and been wanting one for at home since lockdown started. I just go one this weekend for the grand sum of £40 via a Facebook bargain, the people had just listed it as a generic office chair.

Theres a LOT of HM fakes out there.

Soldato
Ah then just the person I need to probe for info!

What made you change to HM? do you have the Aeron? If so did you get size B or C and how does the seat depth and width compare to the Leap?

I sit at my desk upto 14 hrs per day but was getting leg aches and swollen feet/ankles.. I know thats through lack of getting up. But it's gone away with the Aeron. Size B.
Its also cooler than the leap. Where are you based??

Associate
I'm looking to buy one of these chairs as i've been suffering with back pain on and off and recently had 2 weeks off work because of lower back pain.

I don't mind paying out new price's for one of these but because of lockdowns i'm not able to get out and visit any showroom which might have one on display.

I think i've sat in a chair similar to an Aeron in the past, might have actually been an Aeron and I remember the seat having hard plastic edges. Does anyone on here own an Aeron?

I have the Steelcase Gesture and Like it more than a used Leap v2 before I sent it back and got a brand new Gesture, can sit in it for hours no problems at all and I suffer from sciatica quite badly, hence the reason I got a decent chair for gaming in. As for the HM Aeron I've never tried one, but the HM Embody looks very good and they do a nice Logitech version too.

Associate

Did you decide on either chair in the end?

Associate

I've had my size B remastered Aeron for a few weeks now. It does have the plastic edges at the front which is why the guy sold it to me (he said it hurt his legs). However I'm a shorty (5'6) and I've had no trouble like that. It is easily the most comfortable office chair I've sat in.

Back
Top Bottom